Wetsuit for petite woman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtbriten

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am 5'2, weigh 110. Tried the Henderson Gold 4 and that was too big all over. The Seaquest 7/6/5 flex fit somewhat better but still had too much room in the upper torso area. Are there any women out there that have found a brand that runs smaller than the ones mentioned. I live in a rural area, thus no dive shops, plus the ones that are within an hour carry little to no inventory in my size. The delivery and return costs for the wetsuits I've tried are depleting my wallet!!

A thought on something you could do is purchase one that is pretty comfortable and get it altered... There are several places that do this (you would have to look into it)....

Here's an option for you. You can get a CUSTOM wet suit built for your frame from Triple L for a fraction of the cost of a custom or altered Henderson from your LDS. Many on the board here have given them positive praise as has Scubadiving Magazine for some of the products they sell. Here's a link...www.triple-l.biz

Fit is the most important thing in a wet suit. With these guys you get fit and price! Good luck and welcome to the board! :wink: If you do a search in this forum under Triple L then you can read what others have to say for them.

BTW, I have never purchased anything from them and don't work for them. I may purchase from them in the future though.

**BARE** I just purchased the Bare Velocity.. 5'2" 135 lbs and it fits like a dream, all of the other ones I tried on were way too long in the legs and the sleeves and/or they choked me...
I bought mine online from http://www.sharpdiver.com

We have the same exact frame. I recommend the Henderson hyperstretch size 4 or the Xcelsize 4. Both fit me perfectly. I ended up buying the Xcel because it is a much nicer and durable suit than the Henderson Hyperstrectch, even though I prefer the flexibility of the hyperstretch (especially easy to slip into). FYI - I use kid masks and snorkel.

Back
Top Bottom