Question Help! 5mm Wetsuits for Short Curvy Woman - Proteus? Mares? Bare?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoobles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi! I am a 5'1 short women (not that skinny - 145lbs) and have been disappointed in the new Henderson Aqua Lock 5mm. I had the same brand/size wetsuit for years (Henderson aqua lock) but their new version just doesn't keep me warm. I usually get cold easy and wear a 5mm in anything below 83 degrees (and for colder have a heated vest). Not concerned about price and about to go to Indonesia for a month in September. We go on 2-3 decent dive trips a year, so want something that will hold up too (40-80 dives a year), and do many days of multiple dives back to back.

Being that I am short I am having a hard time finding wetsuits that will come in short sizes. My husband has the Fifth Element Proteus II and loves it, but I don't know if it is easy to get on for women - it does come in Medium-Short though. Also there is the Xenos in the same brand..

Bare Evoke got lots of good reviews but it doesn't come in a short size so not sure if it runs tall. Aqua Lock has the Dynaflex 5mm but also not in short.

Any help appreciated. Feel like no reviews out there cover short women specifically.

Hi @Snoobles,

If you can't find a stock suit that fits you well (not within an inch of all the stated size measurements) I would recommend a custom fit suit. I feel confident saying that you won't be sorry!

All of the suits we make are high build quality snd very durable.

I hope that helps and just let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Derek & JMJ

I have no experience with JMJ, so not an endorsement, but I do agree with the statement of getting a custom suit

Thanks all! I think i would prefer to buy something that isn't custom - in the interest of time...

I'm not short (5'6") but I am curvy and I got a Bare Evoke in a "plus" size which gives more room in the bust and hips. I measured myself and used the size chart online to figure out what size to buy. It fits perfectly!

Thanks all! I think i would prefer to buy something that isn't custom - in the interest of time...
If time is a concern, just know that we should be able to get a suit to you before you leave on your trip - feel free to give us a call at 310-212-3040 to discuss.
Best,
Derek

Hi @Snoobles,

If you can't find a stock suit that fits you well (not within an inch of all the stated size measurements) I would recommend a custom fit suit. I feel confident saying that you won't be sorry!

All of the suits we make are high build quality snd very durable.

I hope that helps and just let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Derek & JMJ
Do you do custom gloves and hoods as well?

Hi! I am a 5'1 short women (not that skinny - 145lbs) and have been disappointed in the new Henderson Aqua Lock 5mm. I had the same brand/size wetsuit for years (Henderson aqua lock) but their new version just doesn't keep me warm. I usually get cold easy and wear a 5mm in anything below 83 degrees (and for colder have a heated vest). Not concerned about price and about to go to Indonesia for a month in September. We go on 2-3 decent dive trips a year, so want something that will hold up too (40-80 dives a year), and do many days of multiple dives back to back.

Being that I am short I am having a hard time finding wetsuits that will come in short sizes. My husband has the Fifth Element Proteus II and loves it, but I don't know if it is easy to get on for women - it does come in Medium-Short though. Also there is the Xenos in the same brand..

Bare Evoke got lots of good reviews but it doesn't come in a short size so not sure if it runs tall. Aqua Lock has the Dynaflex 5mm but also not in short.

Any help appreciated. Feel like no reviews out there cover short women specifically.
Hello
Im also short and curvy uk size 12 so am looking for a 5 mm for Galapagos in Decembe. I had a 5mm that was too long and I hated it, might do a 3 mm and a heated vest as I actually dont feel the cold v much at all. Did you find any suitable brands

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom