Wetsuit for long torso?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhnmdahl

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not remarkably tall (6'2"), but have quite a long torso and correspondingly short legs for someone my height. I saw the Waterproof W3 in large-tall is very close to my size, but they recommend it for a neck-crotch of 34" whereas my measurement taken according to their website is 37.5".

I'm also considering just going with a custom wetwear suit, but would like to know if there are regular retail options first.

My measurements (according to Waterproof's methods) are:

1. Height 6’2”
  2. Weight 195lb
  3. Head 24.5”
  4. Neck 16.5”
  5. Chest 43.5”
  6. Waist 39”
  7. Hips 41”
  8. Thigh 23”
  9. Neck-crotch 37”
  10. Neck-wrist 30.5”
  11. Crotch-ankle 29”
  12. Not taken
  13. Foot length 9 ¾-10”

Thanks,

John

I have the same problem with wet-suits, Pinnacle wet-suits fit me best. Many of the brands I have tried are too big in the waist, thighs, and ankles for me. I have a similar build I am 6' 175, 42" chest and 32" waist. I wear a ML in the Pinnacle.

Your measurements are similar to mine - I bought an LT sized suit (O'Neill Hammer) at Westuit warehouse and it fits me very snugly.

Wetwear was on my radar as a likely source for a custom, especially since the price appears to be about the same as a Waterproof W3. Liquidfit also had a great reputation, but it seems like the person behind the company passed, and there's no longer a company there. I'll check out the other suits mentioned as well - thanks for all the feedback,

John

Just a quick report back - the lds ordered a Waterproof W3 in size LT to try, and it fit great except in torso length. If I could simply order a W3 that was 3" longer in the torso I probably would, but instead I'm looking at customs such as JMJ, Horizin, and M&B. I'll report back when I've made a choice.

Final report back - took my measurements and ordered a wetsuit from JMJ wetsuits - JMJ Wetsuits

They had uniformly good reviews, and I'm happy overall with the fit and quality of the wetsuit and hood now that they have arrived. I should mention that there's no stock size wetsuit that comes even close to fitting me, so getting close with the fit is not a trivial achievement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom