Wetsuit for 5 celsius water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will there be issues with the belt falling of or anything like that?
I guess your best bet is to take a drysuit course.
I don't know if your drysuit comes with pockets for additional weights or if your BCD has integrated weights.
Remember to tighten your weight belt on land, once you are in the water, and at the bottom.

Anyone there can recomend wetsuit for 8- celsius Cold water. Not fond of dry suit... Plus they Are expensive.
I dove in the U.K. initially with a 5mm, but soon moved to an 8mm wetsuit. Being young and
instructable it was 8 years before I switched to a drysuit.

I didn’t realise how much diving I was talking myself out of until I went dry.

As for weightbelt slippage, it’s no different that in a wetsuit.

I dove in the U.K. initially with a 5mm, but soon moved to an 8mm wetsuit. Being young and
instructable it was 8 years before I switched to a drysuit.

I didn’t realise how much diving I was talking myself out of until I went dry.

As for weightbelt slippage, it’s no different that in a wetsuit.
Thank you.... Do you use the suit for boyancy or the bcd vest? Not sure how to start. Im gonna try My drysuit in a pool first. But not sure how to go about it

Thank you.... Do you use the suit for boyancy or the bcd vest? Not sure how to start. Im gonna try My drysuit in a pool first. But not sure how to go about it

I use and teach just the suit for buoyancy. that way there is only one gas bobble to manage. If I'm diving below 35m I sometimmes use the BC as well.

Get instruction on how to use the suit, it isn’t something you can read about and then do.

Unlike most I drive the suit (A lot of people just leave the dump valve open).
* Valve fully open on the surface, held up by my BC until we descend.
* On descent I close the valve then take it back 10 clicks (this varies with every suit I've had).
* At operating depth I get neutrally buoyant.
* If I ascend a few metres I reach over and release some gas, but in small bursts.
* On ascent I bleed the suit to control the rate of movement.

I ran a Buoyancy & Trip Workshop last weekend, students were required to hold stops at 12, 9, 6, 5, 4, 3 and 2m for 2 minutes each whilst being task loaded with other activities; then a final 30 seconds at 1 m.

I use and teach just the suit for buoyancy. that way there is only one gas bobble to manage. If I'm diving below 35m I sometimmes use the BC as well.

Get instruction on how to use the suit, it isn’t something you can read about and then do.

Unlike most I drive the suit (A lot of people just leave the dump valve open).
* Valve fully open on the surface, held up by my BC until we descend.
* On descent I close the valve then take it back 10 clicks (this varies with every suit I've had).
* At operating depth I get neutrally buoyant.
* If I ascend a few metres I reach over and release some gas, but in small bursts.
* On ascent I bleed the suit to control the rate of movement.

I ran a Buoyancy & Trip Workshop last weekend, students were required to hold stops at 12, 9, 6, 5, 4, 3 and 2m for 2 minutes each whilst being task loaded with other activities; then a final 30 seconds at 1 m.
That sounds like a pretty cool class. If.... As a owd. Would there be Any issues in diving with a drysuit. But still only juse the bcd? Just curious

That sounds like a pretty cool class. If.... As a owd. Would there be Any issues in diving with a drysuit. But still only juse the bcd? Just curious
The B&T Workshop can be done drysuit, wetsuit or no suit at all; in cold or warm water.

Using a BC for buoyancy whilst wearing a drysuit adds an additional layer of complexity, but it can be done. The assessment is whether the you can control your buoyancy it’s got nothing to do with the kit your wearing.

The B&T Workshop can be done drysuit, wetsuit or no suit at all; in cold or warm water.

Using a BC for buoyancy whilst wearing a drysuit adds an additional layer of complexity, but it can be done. The assessment is whether the you can control your buoyancy it’s got nothing to do with the kit your wearing.
Okay I get your point Just wondering. But you do use you bcd in the surface right. Before descending?.... And after?

Okay I get your point Just wondering. But you do use you bcd in the surface right. Before descending?.... And after?
I use the BC on the surface before and after the dive, but rearly use it during, unless below 35m; and then not always.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom