Wetsuit Entry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeshrs

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anyone have any good ideas for putting on a 5mm when its 95 out and hair all over? are any of the sprays worth buying and if so, which ones?

So a lot of free divers use suit slip to don open cell wetsuits (not nylon lined on the inside). I've also used conditioner mixed with water but I only choose to use biodegradable ones.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Lycra skin, gloves and socks.

10344169_405764796227892_8903319261913286097_o.jpg

Shave the hair...

I buzz my head to a 1/8" length during dive season, so I can get my hood on better and quicker

So a lot of free divers use suit slip to don open cell wetsuits (not nylon lined on the inside). I've also used conditioner mixed with water but I only choose to use biodegradable ones…

I get all my wetsuits without lining inside, freediving and Scuba. A spray bottle with about a ¼" of liquid hand soap diluted to the top with water works great.

It works on a suit with internal lining but takes several times more spray. It helps if you get the suit wet first. It is really nice when you can care less if your suit is dry inside before the next dive.

Does anyone have any good ideas for putting on a 5mm when its 95 out and hair all over? are any of the sprays worth buying and if so, which ones?

95F implies some level of perspiration and that's the worst case. Bone dry or drenched are both preferable.

Some suit snot and technique as described here will make it a breeze. Some ambient water down the collar once in the suit will then break the building heat and let you progress to the dive safely.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom