Wetsuit/Drysuit Pockets - Glue or Sew On Design - $21 Shipping Included!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can I ask about the size? The website says the pockets are 2" thick, and above Phil says they expand to 2". How thick of an item can you cram into the pocket - only 2", or something larger?

trigfunctions:
Can I ask about the size? The website says the pockets are 2" thick, and above Phil says they expand to 2". How thick of an item can you cram into the pocket - only 2", or something larger?

Those dimensions listed are the "as sewed" dimensions. You can easily put five finger spools, or a Dive Rite Jump/Gap reel, or a DR Safety Reel. 2" think is at he sewed edges. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

Thanks Phil. It sounds like I could cram a small camera (Sealife DC500 or Canon A640) in those. I'll order two later today.

How well do these permanently bond to a wetsuit with this type of material and glue? Is peeling off expected after so much pool and salt water use? Just wondering if sewing it to a wetsuit would be better.

Thanks!

Sewing is always better. Just more expensive, since you generally have to pay someone else to do it. (unless you happen to have the right skills and equipment)

realdiver7:
How well do these permanently bond to a wetsuit with this type of material and glue? Is peeling off expected after so much pool and salt water use? Just wondering if sewing it to a wetsuit would be better.

Thanks!

A combination of sewing and glue is the best option. Glue it on your suit. After the glue is dry, take a running stitch around the outside of the pocket. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

PhilEllis:
A combination of sewing and glue is the best option. Glue it on your suit. After the glue is dry, take a running stitch around the outside of the pocket. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

Anyway to help prevent water entry from all the holes this will punch into the suit?

Rainer:
Anyway to help prevent water entry from all the holes this will punch into the suit?
Aquaseal or tape the seams. Thus my recommendation of using a professional... albeit at a higher cost.

CompuDude:
Aquaseal or tape the seams. Thus my recommendation of using a professional... albeit at a higher cost.

Any tips on what kind of professional to seek? Googling "professional scuba pocket sewers massachusetts" doesn't return anything too useful. I know you had some pockets put on professionally, so who did you go to? And how much did it cost? Just curious how much more it'd cost to have it done better. If it's a lot more, I guess I'll settle for DIM.

I suggest asking around the local dive shops for someone who does wetsuit repair. Out here (SoCal/Los Angeles) we have a lady who specializes in it and advertises in the local free dive rag, so it was very easy to find someone. I'd be surprised if any major metropolitan area didn't have at least one person who does that sort of work.

I paid $50 per pocket, although that included the pocket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom