Wetsuit Discharge System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not just install a drysuit P-Valve on the thigh of your wetsuit? You can get an unbalanced version for about $60 and have a lot less hassle and discomfort of a hose running down to your ankle.

Although I do think a hose all the way to ankle is quite impressive :D

Just go head down, take your reg out and put it down the neck, the purge the reg a few seconds.

Wet suit now flushed, continue dive.

Sorry to disagree, but that is a very bad idea! If you do this, the diver could shoot to the surface.

Here's my reasoning: Your wetsuit is tightly sealed around your body, and what happens when you introduce air into a sealed suit? The air gets trapped in the suit (forming a bubble balloon), and the person could shoot straigh up.

Sorry to disagree, but that is a very bad idea! If you do this, the diver could shoot to the surface.

Here's my reasoning: Your wetsuit is tightly sealed around your body, and what happens when you introduce air into a sealed suit? The air gets trapped in the suit (forming a bubble balloon), and the person could shoot straigh up.

Feel free
But unless its a semi dry suit, I don't see it happening. Worst that will happen is it fills your snug boots.

Feel free
But unless its a semi dry suit, I don't see it happening. Worst that will happen is it fills your snug boots.

I personally tested your idea two weeks ago and almost shot up from 35'.

It's not the boots that one has to worry about. The problem is the chest area of a wetsuit will stretch when you force that much air into it. Air travels up towards the surface. When air can't escape, your wetsuit balloons up. I shot up 10' instantly before I quickly went right side up to vent the trapped air.

Dam, that is one tight wet suit.
But, in all seriousness, I have done it my self, but in a POOL, Not at 35 feet, with no adverse effects. I have seen others do it as a joke as well. It was more of an off color joke then hey go try this at 100 feet.

You don't tuck your wet suit into your boots do you?

Yup, it's a snug fit! And no, I don't tuck the legs on my wetsuit into my booties.

I would love to turn on my heater in a wetsuit, but I got a rash every time I did that. I'm ordering a dry suit with a P-valve at end of this month. I can't wait!

Why not just install a drysuit P-Valve on the thigh of your wetsuit? You can get an unbalanced version for about $60 and have a lot less hassle and discomfort of a hose running down to your ankle.

Wow! :)

FYI, if you read my previous post, you would know that my suit pee system is also a heat exchanger. I have literally tens of feet of hose looped back and forth within my suit... :)

I thought about installing a P-Valve but the 5 mil Merino was pretty expensive and is still new so before I go gutting on it I would look at upgrading to a Drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom