Wetsuit Discharge System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leo5591

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am thinking about installing - creating a discharge system for my wetsuit. It would basically be a drysuit catheter hooked to a tube discharging around my foot outside of the wetsuit. Has anybody even seen a system like this?

I have something very similar, it runs down past my knee (on the left side) and discharges near the ankle. It's pretty unique, not sure if many people have seen a "system" like mine.

YouTube - pose d'une pissette

here is another idea if you don't have hardware to make the other system work.

I have a similar system. However, mine was designed in Canada for diving in cold water. Not only does the discharge system (eventually) drain the waste, it also serves as a heat exchanger.

Oddly enough, attempts to implement a similar system in my drysuit were not entirely successful.

Postscript: there are two kinds of divers - those who pee in their wetsuits, and those who lie.

Man I havent laughed like this in ages...thanks to all!!

I would like to add the addition of the flushing feature...which involves pulling the neck seal out and then immediately pulling the leg seal out.

Just go head down, take your reg out and put it down the neck, the purge the reg a few seconds.

Wet suit now flushed, continue dive.

To everyone, Thanks for all the new ideas and the laughs.

There are two types of divers, and I am not the latter, just trying to keep the 5 mil Merino Wool semi-fresh after a day of saturation diving. Nothing worse than being down for 60 minutes then finally after getting back on the boat having to strip out of the gear just to wait in line to use the head, so trust me when I say I am the latter type of diver...

After a 60 minute dive I really need something to drink as I have probably started to dehydrate. My ME lining surprisingly seems to resist the perils of relief quite well. I hit it with a little sink-the-stink occasionally but have never had any problems with odor common with nylon linings.

Immersion, along with a water temperature that is colder than the air, causes narrowing of the blood vessels in the arms, legs, hand, and feet. This vasoconstriction occurs primarily in the skin and the superficial tissues of the body, but also occurs in the large muscles of the arms and legs.

The net result: A decreased blood supply in the skin and the muscles of the extremities. However your heart continues the pump the same amount of blood which causes an increased volume of blood to be sent to the central organs of the body such as the heart, lungs, and large internal blood vessels.

The hormone that controls the production on urine by the kidneys is called the anti-diuretic hormone (ADH). It is this hormone that controls when and how much urine your kidneys produce. The increased blood volume to the major vessel is interpreted by the body as a fluid overload. This overload causes ADH production to stop, which in turn allows the kidneys to immediately produce urine to lower the centrally circulating blood volume - the body's automatic response to regulate the amount of fluid or blood volume.

The problem is that, once we've fooled our bodies into thinking that we have lots and lots of fluid, we get out of the water. Then the circulating blood volume returns to near normal - less the fluid taken to produce the urine and that fluid that has been voided. The body takes steps to quickly replace the lost fluid and draws from body tissues. This action causes the body to sense a low volume and it craves fluids. So, you drink a bunch of water, which makes the problem even worse on the next dive.

Just pee before the dive and you should be ok!~

Back
Top Bottom