Wetsuit booties!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ca_Ghost

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok looking to upgrade the pair of booties I own that are WAY to big for my feet. They are Deep See 6.5mm Echozip boots. Nice boots but need to be a size 9 instead of 10.

My question is I'm looking at getting a new pair and will be doing primarily Monterey diving. Are hard soled boots perferred or even needed?

I was looking at scubatoys and divetank and saw both the Henderson 5mm athelic sole boots and the Bare Trek Boot Pro. The Trek boot seems like over kill and not sure if you can use them with wetsuits or not.

At the LDS there isa great pair of hard soled boots but for 90 bucks I think I can do better.

Any recommendations??

I can't speak for your Monterey shoreline but I know that my next booties will have something of a hard sole. Beween rocky bottoms and the weight of the gear it's worth a little extra bulk.

Pete

Ca_Ghost:
Is 5mm enough for Monterey Diving?

Good question,

I don't know what your temps. are there and even if I did only you can decide what temp. you can tolerate, it is different for everyone.

I'm sure Tusa makes heavier boots in this model. I just picked this link because I knew where I could find it quickly. Look around and I'm sure you can find what you are looking for. Try tusa.com.

I wouldn't go less than 7.

Not sure what you mean by if the Trek boots can be used with a wetsuit. Why couldn't they?

Ca_Ghost:
Is 5mm enough for Monterey Diving?

BrianS:
I wouldn't go less than 7.

Not sure what you mean by if the Trek boots can be used with a wetsuit. Why couldn't they?

I haven't seen these boots advertised with anything other than drysuits so I wasn't sure if they could be or should be used with a wetsuit.

I'm new at all this gear so please excuse the silly questions. :D

Ca_Ghost:
I haven't seen these boots advertised with anything other than drysuits so I wasn't sure if they could be or should be used with a wetsuit.

I'm new at all this gear so please excuse the silly questions. :D

So what do you have in mind for the new matching fins? Your old ones may not fit so be sure to bring them along for a check.

Pete

for monterey get hard soles..a lot of the beach dives have rocks, and places like mcabee have old steel poles that stick out of the ground in the shallows

Back
Top Bottom