Wetsuit Booties under Drysuit socks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What Chuck Taylor's do you guys use? Zappos is having a sale on the All-Star Mids... For $40 might try them out, only problem, not sure what size I would need! LOL

AC,

I wear 2 pair of Smartwool socks and size 11 Chuck Taylors to protect the drysuit socks. My fins are XL OMS Slipstreams. XL SP Jets' foot pockets were just a bit too small for the Chuck Taylors. I ended up with this configuration after a little bit of experimentation. And it's very comfortable.

boat

Hi there

Was wondering how you got the size 11 chuck Ts to work with the xl slipstreams? I've got the same combo and can't quite get the boot all the way into the pocket. I've ended up using a pair of xl powerfins instead but like the slipstreams better. I've been using them wet for 100 dives and love them.

Sent from my HTC Aria using Tapatalk

np,

Since everyone's feet are different it's hard to say. I did have trouble with the fit against the top of my foot. The two pairs of socks is what finally worked for me. I know some people take the insole out of their CT's and some will grind off some of the rubber around the side of the toes.

Also, this may sound like a dumb question, but are you sure you don't get your feet in them "far enough"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom