wetsuit alterations:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a buddy that has a Hendersen hyperstretch wetsuit that needs some alterations to be done, such as size adjustments.

I was wondering if any of you guys know of any reasonible priced companys "on the web" that do such work and are pretty good.

thanks.

Buying alterations on the net or mail order is not really that great an idea unless what you want is very simple and easy to explain. If ever there is a time when you want the personal touch, this is it.

Garfish:
I have a buddy that has a Hendersen hyperstretch wetsuit that needs some alterations to be done, such as size adjustments.

I was wondering if any of you guys know of any reasonible priced companys "on the web" that do such work and are pretty good.

thanks.

I agree with oxyhacker. If you do send the suit off somewhere to be altered it would be wise to have the measurements done by someone who does tailoring and alterations at the very least.

There is a company in Minnesota that had some very reasonable prices and I would be glad to give you their contact info but that is currently locked up in my old computer which is pretty much unfixable. I think they were located in Brainard Mn or something like that.

Thanks guys for i appreciate your views & comments. I really don't know what alterations that half to be done other than i think my friend said that the legs half to be shorten somewhat & also the forarms are a little tight but i 'll agree with someone else doing the measuring & pass the info off to him along with jbd's advice. I'll keep on viewing this thread to see what anyone else can reccomends.

safe diving to ya.... thanks.

Henderson should be able to take care of the alterations.

As the Hyperstretch isn't all that thick a tailor with an industrial sewing machine would probably do it. Ask your LDS if they can recommend a local. I know my LDS has a local tailor that will fix certain gear. They sewed part of a BC together for me years ago.

Paula

Thanks Paula for i will pass this info onto my friend. I'm not sure what action he will take for i think he bought it from LeisurePro but, i offered to try to help him out. I'm now checking with a couple of dive shops in my local which might know a tailor.

safe diving:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom