wetsuit advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LilJoRt6

Reaction score
HI GIRLS I HAVE BEEN WEARING A "FARMER JOHN' TYPE
SUIT(7 MIL--SLEEVELESS) IN MY WEEKLY COLD WATER DIVES IN THE AQUARIUM I VOLUNTEER AT. I JUST HATE IT! TOO BULKY AND DIFFICULT TO PUT ON AND TAKE OFF. WHAT IS A DECENT 3 MIL LONG SLEEVE SUIT FOR A SHORT WOMAN WITH BIG BREASTS?
WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR OPINIONS....THANKS!

Henderson Hyperstretch... I will swear by it .. I have the full 7ml and I absolutly love it! It's not bulky... I can move .. do pretty much whatever I want in it!!

I am 5'4 with 34c cup ... I have seen the same size suit on a girl 5'10 with larger breasts ...and it fit her great too!

I hear their 3 ml hyperstretch is a pretty good suit too!

Henderson Hyperstretch .......... I'm 5'4" and a DD and I love my 3 mil full suit. I can move, breath and zip it up with no problems!! I'm thinking of looking into a shorty version for summer diving ...

I absolutely love my Henderson Hyperstretch, too! I just started diving and HATED the farmer john style I had to wear for my OW dives. I'm an extreme pear shaped woman and the hyperstretch fits all the curves like a glove! It's really easy to get on and off and not a bit constricting.

I read some criticism about it's warmth and durability in another thread but, so far, I love mine. I wear a one piece 7mm jumpsuit with a 3/5mm hooded vest and it's kept me plenty warm in these cold Monterey waters. I've only got a couple of dives on it so I can't speak to the durability issue.

Good luck!

~LittleFrog

I agree completely with the hyperstretch material. However, I don't see quite how a 5' 4" woman can fit into the same suit as a 5' 10" woman?????? If you find this to be a problem, consider going with Liquid Fit custom wetsuit. They have the same hyperstretch material as Henderson....and also have some YUMMY colors.

Hope that you find something wonderfully comfy.

However, I don't see quite how a 5' 4" woman can fit into the same suit as a 5' 10" woman??????

The miracle of hyperstretch?? I don't know .. but I can't argue it! We are both wearing a size 6, 7ml -- fits us both perfectly ... and keeps us both warm!

Hey, I hear ya!!!! How many of us believe that one size panty hose fits all!!!

If it works for you, that's great. Too many of us women have "irregular" sizes. I for one refuse to be stuffed into a size that is for other women.

I feeling like a bit of a rebel!!!!! Happy diving

I'm 5'4" so the size 14 I wear lists for a 5'10" person - but it fits me great. My daughter is 5'11-3/4" and her size 10 fits her just fine ..... makes no logical sense - but it works!!

saltwater taffy once bubbled...
Hey, I hear ya!!!! How many of us believe that one size panty hose fits all!!!

good one! now, who believes UNISEX clothing is really unisex????? that's garbage, imo.

unisex clothing is MEN's clothing some greedy (and lazy) marketer is hoping to sell to women as well. at least that's what i'll believe until some manufacturer proves to me that it sizes clothing off three different forms:

one for women;
one for men;
one that's a combination of the two.

doesn't that last idea sound ridiculous? imagine some guy wearing a unisex shirt with too much material in the chest. :D

dm

but you stipulated "extra material" in the chest, ooops ...never mind...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom