Wetnotes Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVMike

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Those of you who use wetnotes, do you take the whole notebook on every dive?

If so how well do the pages hold up dive after dive?

I know some tear off a page and wrap it around something.

There is another verison of waterproof paper called rainwriter by the same company, which I believe is a grade down from the wetnotes. I tested a piece of this and it worked well but got pretty worn after about 6 or 7 dives.

thanks for any input

Mike

When I use my wetnotes, the whole pad goes with me. I've not had any issues yet.

The paper I use to sketch out a new site/wreck I'm visiting. I tend use it for only once or twice, but keep the sketches with my log, just in case. I just tuck the sheet in a pocket for an easy road map.

I've had +50 dives with my wetnotes and the pages look the same as when i bought them.

WVMike:
Those of you who use wetnotes, do you take the whole notebook on every dive?

If so how well do the pages hold up dive after dive?

Wetnotes rule. I can't believe everyone doesn't dive wth them. Its always fun taking them out during a dive and seeing the reaction of divers who've never heard of them or seen them in action. COVCI has them cheap, and I've sent dozens of people there for them.

My issue with the design, is that the plastic cover eventually gets pretty chewed up on the edges - along the top where I clip in the mechanical pencil. And you need to use care when opening and closing, as if I ham-hand them too much (as I am prone to do... drummer here, not piano player) I need re-set the binding.

I have dozens and dozens of old pages that I've kept. They're like a running dialog of some dives... we'll pass it back and forth to offer direction, share some comedy, thoughts, etc. I completely love Wetnotes.

Example here. Dive buddy and new daddy, Arnaud and I were on this really dull dive. We shared some commentary that has since made this very boring dive a memorable one.

I use them so much I run out of pages before the books completely die. They hold up very, very well. Highly recommended.

K

Mo2vation:
Example here. Dive buddy and new daddy, Arnaud and I were on this really dull dive. We shared some commentary that has since made this very boring dive a memorable one.
Over the past couple of years I've repainted about 3/4's of the interior of my house. I can't imagine a dive that would lead me to make that statement :0.

Mo2vation:
My issue with the design, is that the plastic cover eventually gets pretty chewed up on the edges - along the top where I clip in the mechanical pencil.
K

I am convinced and my wetnotes are going in the water next dive.

What kind of mechanical pencil are you using?

I got my wetnotes from Boogie711, probably the best deal going, his are DIY.

Mike

WVMike:
What kind of mechanical pencil are you using?

In an assortment of colors. Cheap, thin enough to fit into the binding, re-loadable. They even work after some rust sets in, as the only metal part is the spring.

K

Mike - I'd hold up on those ones. They were a test run, and I'm not convinced of their long-term viability. Give it a go, but I'm working on phase two - better paper, and sized to fit into an "X-Notes" book.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom