Wetherell on Sat.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

would you guys be averse to a relative newbie coming along? probably wont make it saturday but if theres another dive down there id be more than happy to go, since i go to school at URI and its only 15 mins away

Well, you are the only guy that I know that adjusts his weightbelt in 0.5lb increments. You gotta admit you don't fit the classic definition of normal. :D

Hey!! it took me forever to cut those 3 lb weights in half. I forgot who at the Portland quarry gave me 1 lb'ers when I showed him those.

would you guys be averse to a relative newbie coming along? probably wont make it saturday but if theres another dive down there id be more than happy to go, since i go to school at URI and its only 15 mins away

Dude,, EVERYONE was new at some point. New divers are allways welcome, and encouraged!

Wow, Dave, Ken, John and Chris all in the same spot, should be entertaining! Remember, don't put your mask on the kayak this time....

I haven't seen any of you guys in a couple of years! Wish I could join you but I was already planning on doing a boat dive with some other buddies that day. However, if we end up scrubbing for some reason I will be there.

And Sadiesmom, the rest of them are much more normal than Scubasarus.... well... okay not really but they aren't weird in the same way. :D

I hate you juuuuust a little bit for digging that up. :)() It would be nice for you, if you got a chance to see me again! You can have a sammich too.......even after dragging up the painful, brand new Scubapro frameless mask memories... (I still think John is wearing it)

Hmmm - If you wouldn't mind a new face, I could certainly use a couple more local dives before heading off to warm water diving next week - what time and where (I'm guessing the main parking lot)? (I may have met some of you before, though - definitely Scubasarus - not sure who else.....)

SadiesMom

It would hurt me deeply if you dint come to dive with us. I'm pretty sure I met you there several years ago, I am as bald as a peeled onion, maybe that will ring a bell! The main lot is what I was thinking of, sometime am. As it gets closer, I can nail down the time a little better.

I hate you juuuuust a little bit for digging that up. :)() It would be nice for you, if you got a chance to see me again!

That post is subtle yet deeply menacing......

Please forgive me!!!! :D

I agree with Dave.

New divers are welcome. Just bring a positive freindly attitude and be honest about your comfort zone so you and your buddy can plan the appropriate dive. Expect low vis in certain areas so have a dive light incase of buddy seperation. Also adhere to the lost buddy plan strictly and discuss it before the dive. Its all too common in the coves to lose a buddy and end up with another group or diver other than your buddy (visually know his or her gear so you know if you have lost your buddy). I found a lost diver all the way out at the crevass (goat path pebble beach). Oh do I love reunions were no emergency personelle are involved.

Its important you have a safe and fun dive; and it only gets better the more advanced you get. One has to be patient and have a long term outlook. The boat launch is a great area to do weight checks and test gear functionality.

Don't plan on the experienced divers to give instructions though as there are liability issues Im finding out with that. Just use your training as all OW divers should be able to dive Ft Wetherill in some capacity and enjoy it.

I'll bring my bathymetry maps if I can dig them up (to be in my future shore diving book) to help plan dives.

I hope to go around the island and if someone wants to snorkle, through the crevass.

Incase of inclement weather, I will provide lightning rods for everyones tanks. Dave do you have a hack saw with a metals blade?

It would hurt me deeply if you dint come to dive with us. I'm pretty sure I met you there several years ago, I am as bald as a peeled onion, maybe that will ring a bell! The main lot is what I was thinking of, sometime am. As it gets closer, I can nail down the time a little better.

I wouldn't possibly *dream* of hurting you by not showing up! :wink: It's indeed entirely possible we've met before - I'm horrible with names - and even worse with screennames. :shakehead:. I'll keep a lookout for the time and will be there with bells on...

(OK - maybe not bells...maybe a drysuit.....)

SadiesMom

Is this plan still a go?? My gear is packed...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom