Wet Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KyPete

Registered
Reaction score
After reading some of the posts, especially the Dale Hollow ones, I was wandering what kinda of wet suite you need to dive in this state.

My 3 mil shorty was doable at the LaGrange quarry (at least down to the thermo-cline) and in some of the chilly FL springs. However, I'm guessing a full 6 mil suite is probably in my future if I'm to do much diving in KY/OH.

I haven't been to Dale Hollow or any of the lakes, but I would assume they would be the same as diving Gilboa which definitely requires a 7mm wetsuit even in the summer and a drysuit seems to be the much prefered choice for exposure protection.

Cerulean Springs in western Ky with just T-shirt and swim suit. Falling Rock I pretty much will wear a 3/2 full suit during the summer and fall. Winter time I wear the drysuit. If you stay shallow at Falling Rock or Cerulean then your shorty may be all you need. I like to be on the bottom for the most part and it is usually pretty chilly down there. Laurel Lake below 60 feet is pretty much in the high 30's.

IMHO a 5 mil full suit with hood and gloves should be enough for you unless you want to dive through the winter which I hope we get to do more of this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom