Wet suit tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
Some people use a concoction of shampoo and water delightfuly referred to as "snot", some people use plastic bags, and some people, after a while, just figure it's too much of a hassle to have to carry "snot" and plastic bags and use the old tried and true method - "gruntinsweat".

the K

I thought people used baby shampoo for their "snot" spray mixture, rather than just plain shampoo.

I swear by my diveskin, too. It makes putting my wetsuit on a breeze.

ive heard of people using "snot" but i've never used it myself. I almost always use the henderson hyperstrech it took me less than 2 minutes to put it on. those wetsuits are nuts

Jocasseegirl:
It does seem to help to put it on in the water. You need to pull the chest out and scoop up the water and let it trickle down. It still isn't easy, but it helps.

Hey we're doing a night ocean dive here in Maine, 51F. Do you think the gang will go for this?
:11:

Pete

I even have to use a plastic bag on my head to get it through the neck seal of my semi-dry.
That really freaks people out. They all start whipping out their dive-knives thinking I'm going to get stuck and suffocate. Whereas in fact it slides straight on and the risk is actually less.

As for arm and legs, as was commented above, turn the suit almost inside out and then roll rather than pull. It's far less tiring.

howarde:
I thought people used baby shampoo for their "snot" spray mixture, rather than just plain shampoo.

That's mask Anti-fog. 50% water

My preferred snot is 1/3 vanilla bean conditioner and 2/3 water.

The 50/50 baby shampoo & water would work as a universal dive juice. If you use a lot of snot the lather may be objectional though. It may also have more enviornmental impact.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom