Wet Suit Streching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djscottyis

Reaction score
Ive not dived for a while now, and when i tried to put my all in one wetsuit on it was very tight. I have put a bit of weight on so my Question does any one know a way of stretching it it is 5mm. As to be honest i do not think that i will lose my middles belly.

Thank you for your time and PS I dont want to buy a new one

There is a phenomenon known as Winter Shrinkage that is the scourge of many a "mature" diver. Don't be embarrassed... most of us have "suffered" from this malady at one time or another. :wink:

The only way I found of "stretching" the wetsuit is to actually WEAR it, preferably in the water to accelerate and ease the stretching process.

As anyone who has a drysuit with neoprene seals can tell you, neoprene does have a memory. So if you stretch it for a good length of time, it will "remember" the new shape. As long as you keep using it. However, if you let it sit for many months, you'll probably have to re-stretch it.

Unless you happen to have a "large" mannekin to stretch it on (akin to using a tank or pop bottles for neoprene drysuit seals) I can't think of any other solution. (Okay there IS losing weight, but I didn't say that... :wink:)

Been there, done that...

Good luck!

~SubMariner~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom