Wet Suit Sizing- 7mm specific

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll continue the trend and say drysuit is the way to go. If you can somehow justify it, DO IT!

I was originally certified in Seattle when I was in high school. After trying a lot of suits on I settled on a Harvey's 2-piece suit with thick 3-finger mitts and hood.

However, if you can't justify the drysuit, I think you should look at the semi-dry suits out there. My wife didn't want to jump to a dry suit yet, but to keep up with me in the cold waters she needed something better than ehr 3-way stretch ScubaMax 7mm jumpsuit. I got her a Mares semi-dry and she is in love. It is stretchy and comfortable; she doesn't take it off between dives. We got a smoking great price from LeisurePro since it was the previous year's model (around $230 I think). We tried on 3 suits before we settled on this one (and LP of course pays shipping back and forth).

If your LDS doesn't have a semi-dry, consider LP.

Drysuit > semi-dry > wetsuit with hooded vest > 2-piece wetsuit

BTW, there are great deals to be had buying in the used market. Classified sub-forums, craigslist, ebay....I've seen really good deals on all three, and have used two to source the drysuits my hubby and I have.

A good drysuit with undergarments doesn't have to cost $2000....keep your eye out and you may be able to get the whole thing for <$700 (and that sure makes the $500 WETsuit not seem worth it).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom