Wet Suit Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheelr20

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was bummed when I blew out the slider on my wetsuit this past weekend. Went online and there really weren't too many options. One place in CA to send it to for repair, or buy a YKK #10 slider online and try to install it myself. Yeah right. Called around to a couple of cleaners that do alterations, but they weren't too keen on trying. Called a couple of shoe repair shops, but they didn't have the right sliders and offered to replace the whole zipper if I bought one and brought it in to them. But even then, they weren't sure if they could do it properly.

Then I thought of calling the luggage repair service center in Tampa that I have been using for years. Bingo! Brought the suit into Bob on Nebraska Ave. Had the exact slider as the old one. Within a couple of hours he had it done. Picked it up today and it's perfect. 30 bucks and like new!!! He said he could have replaced the whole zipper if need be, as they have the heavy duty sewers and what not to handle the suit.

Thought I'd pass it along, as my LDS told me they would have to "send it out" and really no telling how long it would take to get back.

Anyway, I was really pleased to get it done close to home and at a reasonable price. I swear I have no affiliation to them; I've used them for 10 years for luggage repair and buying luggage from. It's a great solution to a sh###y dilemma.

If anyone cares, their number is 813-236-5946.

Hopefully, this plug does not violate any forum terms. But, hey, it's all about helping each other out, right?

Back
Top Bottom