wet suit issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

astenci

New
Reaction score
My 3mm wetsuit probably has about 40 or so dives and is still uncomfortable. Are wetsuits supposed to be uncomfortable?:idk:

No, they're not. And 40 dives later you ask? LOL

They should fit like a snug body stocking and give when you move, without any bulging or gaps anywhere. If not, then you should seek to have it tailored or upgraded.

I have a Henderson 3mm H2 Titanium suit and it fits well. It is not so comfortable that I would wear it around the house, but it doesn't bother me either.

What brand is it? I know rental was never good for me but, when I bought my own it was perfect. I got a Excel 5/4/3. I have a friend who had a Akona he hated it for the same reasons you don't like yours.

Mine is a Mares 3mm. It's a large, I'm 5'5, 140. Could I possibly need an XL? Or do I just need a new suit?

Assuming you are male since women's wsuits are usually numerically sized. A men's large is most likely too big for you - possibly bordering on "way too big". According to a Mares size chart I found on leisurepro (I couldn't find on on mares.com) 5'5" and 140 lbs fits into their size guide for "small".

It would help to what about it is uncomfortable: too tight, too long, itchy, etc...

In what way is it uncomfortable and is it hard to put on?

Mine is a Mares 3mm. It's a large, I'm 5'5, 140. Could I possibly need an XL? Or do I just need a new suit?

I am 5'10 and 160 and wore a size medium Mares suit several times in Korea a few years ago... Not saying they have not changed their cut, or that their sizes do not run differently in other countries though.

sizes are totally different in other countries. I am based in South Korea and I use a western Xl suit, korean size for me is xxxl.

to the OP - it should not be uncomfortable at all. your concern at the extreme is the suit cutting off circulation.

My suits always seem to get tighter as the years go by but that is no different to my normal clothes

Most definetly should be comfortable ~ and you must have a wrong fitting ?

Over here Taiwan, easy to get a good wetsuit, made to measure, any colours, tailored to fit and my 2mm shortie and 3mm full suits fit like gloves.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom