Wet suit for DM pool classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atlas750

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Should I go cheap as I will need to wear it in the pool?

I would go as cheap as possible. The chlorine will eventually eat away the suit. I have one set of gear for open water and another set for the pool.

The cheap route may not be the cheapest suit. After you've replaced the ones that come apart at the seams and replaced the cheap knee pads a few times, add up your outlay of cash. A well-fitting, quailty suit will probably end up costing less in the long run. Just rinse it out in the showers at the pool occasionally. And consider a black one - it won't fade like colored ones do. I've been using the same suit in the pool 3 years now and it still looks great.

Todd

On the topic of pools, I do my DMing in a pool where I've been done they use ozone (?) not chlorine. Does anyone know what that does to gear and what precautions I should take if any.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom