Wet suit for a big and tall guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cabinetman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
HI folks. First post here.

I am 6-4 and 250. I have a 1/2mill summer scuba pro in xxl that was snug but stretched and fit well. Ordered a 3/2 scuba pro in XXXl and its just to small. Arms and back and to small. In fact it ripped around the cuff putting it on.

Need one quick, Cozumel in 2 weeks.

Anybody of similar size know of a suit for tall and big boned guys? yeah I could stand loosing 20 pds but I am just a big guy and while I love scuba pro stuff it looks like I need a new vendor for a 2/3 mill suit.

Thanks for any input.

I'm 6'3" and 280, bare velocity 3 mil full works for me great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may want to check out the Akona 3mm suit. They're well made, and inexpensive. Size chart is here: Home | Akona Adventure Gear .

If you have bigger leg muscles, you will probably want to order a size larger (at least that's what I found with their 5mm suit). I know Dive RIte in Scuba usually stocks them--call to make sure (and they have a great return policy if you have a sizing issue).

I'm 6'5" and 270. I've worn my 3xl Henderson 8/7 semi dry as heavy as 280 and light as 260. Probably a bit warm for coz but if the 8/7 will stretch then a 3mm should have plebty of stretch.

Thanks for all the input guys. I ordered one from Akona and one from NRS to see which one fits better. I gotta say NRS was awesome. I called and talked to one of the guys there. He was similar to my size but about 15pds heavier. He said they had the 3x in stock and actually went and tried it on for me and called me back and said it fit him snug but felt good. Try getting that service somewhere else!!

Looking forward to another dive in Cozumel. 2nd one in the last 6 months. This time ill have a go pro and hopefully get some good vid and a still or two.

Hopefully the NRS will work out and ill just ship the Akona back....even though the look of the Akona is pretty cool. If they both fit maybe ill just keep em both. Never have enough gear!!

Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom