Wet Suit, Dry Suit, One regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_original_flyboy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Howdy,

I have a sillly question. If you dive with both wet suit and dry suit but you have only one regular, how do you manage the extra hose for dry suit?

RJ

Not a silly question at all.....the low pressure hose that will feed air to your dry suit is attached to one of the lp ports in your first stage,,,,then routed under your left arm (typically) and plugged into the inflater valve at the front chest area on the dry suit.

Make sure that you have enough ports to accomadate the drysuit hose and either take off that extra hose when wearing the wet suit or just secure it out of the way.

I think he's asking what to do with the extra hose when diving wet? Why dive wet, just keep on diving dry!

I've seen some people curl it up and leave it behind their head. I suppose you could also trap it under your shoulder strap to keep it out of the way. If your Schraeder valve is well maintained, it shouldn't leak while it is disconnected.

I think he's asking what to do with the extra hose when diving wet?

Yea you may be onto something! :)

I have taken the lp dry suit hose and simply run it straight down through the cam buckle/tank band area,,,,or better yet just remove it--very simple.

I just let it dangle or let the velcro on the cam band hold it.

It's funny to take your reg to warm water dive spots and let the DM set up your gear. A lot of the noobs have never seen an extra hose and sometimes hook it up to your LP inflator.

I've seen people just take the hose off and replace the screw cap onto the first-stage.

I just tuck it away in the back of the BC when use is intermittent. When the DS is away for the season I remove the hose and plug the port.

If you do tuck the hose down the side make sure it's not running down past your back dump pull string. Once I had the string wind around the hose and cinch up. That wasn't such a good deal. Beware of things going where there was nothing before.

Pete

I've seen people just take the hose off and replace the screw cap onto the first-stage.

I keep an allen wrench and a couple of spare first stage plugs in my toolbox for exactly this purpose. It takes two seconds, and it beats having 3 feet of hose flopping around.

Back
Top Bottom