Wet Suit Booties Suctioned to foot!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pappy5

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
When it's time to take my booties off after being in the water they are nearly impossible to get off because of the suction!------- Is there a trick?----- I don't want to cut a small hole in my new booties.
But I will if I have too because its getting a little silly squirming around on the deck tugging on them....

Slide your fingers down the side and allow air to enter the bottom of the bootie and spread your toes out so the air can get down there too. Or just peel them off like old socks and turn them right side out afterwards. Like everything else the more you do it the easier it will get.

plus 2 on the lycra socks but absent the socks stick the rinse hose in the top and flood with water it will break the suction

If you have wool hiking socks - you can try them. I use my hiking socks because my books give me a blister after one dive. My boots come off much easier with socks than bare.

Sounds like your boots are too tight.
I found out years ago that using a soldering gun to melt a tiny hole over each ear in my hood, allowed much better hearing and negligible water circulation. If my boots were getting stuck, I'd do the same thing. Small hole, even 1-2mm wide, is all you'd need to break any suction, and you'd never notice it was there.

I pull mine down at the very back until it pulls away from my heel a little bit. That breaks the suction at the back of my foot. Once it's like that, I squeeze the sole from the side, right under the arch of my foot. That breaks the suction all the way down to the toes and then they come right off.

If you have wool hiking socks - you can try them. I use my hiking socks because my books give me a blister after one dive. My boots come off much easier with socks than bare.

I started wearing wool socks for a blister that formed after a few days in Bonaire once and now I always wear them. They make donning and doffing both my wetsuit and my boots much easier and my feet are just super cozy the whole dive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom