• Drysuit only

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Drysuit or wet, depending on conditions

Votes: 40 54.8%
  • Naked

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abitton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just curious to know what you dive...

I dive 7+7, almost year round (ok, ok, May to October)...

I really hope to get a drysuit this year, but am I just being a wuss???

Alex

I do both. Depending on the weather or if I'm with students, I'll go dry because I'm in the water alot longer then the students. If the weather's nice I'll go wet.

PS: i agree with the "cold water was invented in the Great Lakes."

I swing both ways depending on when and what time of the year I'm diving, most of the time I prefer dry its more of a convience thing.

Alex

I actually own both but I haven't dove my wetsuit in a few years, my drysuit has more mobility (shell type suit) and for warmth I just layer underthings.

Mark

I like dry too but I'm a recent convert. I can dive wet but unless it's really warm I'll go dry. I find even in semi warm water I'm still chilled by the end of the dive. In a DS I'm comfortable all the way through the dive.

I'm a wuss, I admit it, I did a few wetsuit dives in NW Ontario and when I used a drysuit...I'll never go back!

Keeping warm is definitely a safety item, so when it's cold I dive dry. I actually prefer diving wet and do so when the water warms up. For a while I would always dive wet when diving with my wife (she tried a drysuit, but just can't stand the neck seal) so I'd have a better idea of when she might be getting chilled, but decided I'd be in better shape to assist if required by staying warmer.

abitton:
I really hope to get a drysuit this year, but am I just being a wuss???

Alex

Yep!:D

Just kidding...

But I dive wet all year round in Puget Sound...not sure if we get colder than where you are...but I like my wetsuit and don't plan on going dry just yet...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom