Wet or dry for So Cal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a two Piece Farmer John (Henderson Gold Core 7mm) and don't get cold in San Diego. Sure, I would like a dry suit, but I diving wet with a good wet suit is not a problem in S. Cal

Haven't dove there yet, but have a friend in Phoenix that said to learn dry to go there. He dives up around the Channel Islands.

I had an opportunity this fall, and did so. Was trepidacious about diving there wet ( Only had a 3mil FJ/Shorty). Now, I'm looking forward to the opportunity. We're only a 90 miute flight away.

Now, If I can just work it inaround my sailboat racing!:)

I tend to get cold and dive with a 7mm PLUS a 3mm hooded vest. I recently tried Dry and will be buying one shortly. Not only is it nice being a bit warmer after a shore dive, but as others have said the thermocline starts around 50 fsw and there is a lot of diving in the 60-130 fsw range in the Channel Islands, San Diego, and further north.

Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom