West Palm Beach Diving - Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I rented a VRBO just behind Force E. It was great. I usually stay at the Hilton at Singer Island. Dived with Pura Vida. It was OK. THe ladders are Christmas trees and I hate them. Next time I’ll use a different operator. Don’t forget BHB.

I rented a VRBO just behind Force E. It was great. I usually stay at the Hilton at Singer Island. Dived with Pura Vida. It was OK. THe ladders are Christmas trees and I hate them. Next time I’ll use a different operator. Don’t forget BHB.

There are definitely pros and cons to those. Not having to take your fins off while hanging on the back of the boat is REALLY NICE in rough seas. However, moving from step to step when the current is running and wanting to push your fins down and not up is no fun either. I'm pretty much good either way. I see benefits to the Xmas Tree ladders and I see benefits to the closed ladder. Until the boat can levitate me out of the water and gently place me in my seat I'm in a love/hate relationship with all boat ladders!

Hello! Looking for recommendations for a dive shop to use in the West Palm Beach area, as well as modest hotel accommodations. My understanding is that West Palm Beach diving is drift diving. My wife & I are both advanced & nitrox certified. We've been to both the Keys & Cozumel several times, Grand Cayman (4), the Bahamas (2), Roatan (3) & Bonaire once. We are looking at the last week of July & wondering what type of conditions we should expect: visibility, temperatures, reef conditions, etc.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you decide to consider Jupiter, Jupiter Dive Center, Scuba Works, and Kyalami are all good operators. The Jupiter area also offers the shark dives, if you're in to that. Good shark dive operators include Salty Divers and Emerald.

In terms of lodging, the Best Western on US 1 in Jupiter is a good option. Other good options are the Courtyard in Abacoa and the Fairfield Inn on Indiantown Road (both are about 10 min from the inlet).

It's all drift diving off Jupiter. Visibility is variable but you can expect 40-80+ feet. Water temps in the low 80s. Depths range between 65' - 95'. You can expect to see several species of sharks, turtles, rays, goliath grouper, and all the usual reef critters. Oh! and Lobsters!!

Just remember to use the actual address of your hotel for your GPS or if you take an Uber/Lyft as one company can have more than a dozen locations just in Palm Beach County. For instance Marriott has 3 locations on Singer Island within about 1 mile of each other and over a dozen total in Palm Beach County.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom