West Palm Beach Diving - Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many of the dive boats are already sold out for the AM dives that week. It's the 2nd largest annual dive holiday in Florida and all the good divers take off of work to go diving that week. Hope you already have your 1st choice in dive boats booked, or you should call them quickly to get the seats.

If you can't get on a boat, then I'd recommend bringing some folding chairs to any local boat ramp at 7am with a video camera and enjoy the show complete with yelling, screaming and laughter!
I just realized its lobster mini season that week. We normally do our summer trip the last week of June. Unfortunately couldn't make that happen this year.

Folks have chimed in on charters.

I’ll chime in on lodging a bit. I drive over for the weekend once a month. As to lodging there are MANY affordable brands if you don’t need to be on the ocean. I typically stay in Palm Beach Gardens (PBG) at the Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden or Doubletree. All Hilton properties to maximize my point accumulation. I hear the Marriott is nice too.

I prefer PBG over West Palm Beach. The traffic flow is much better in PBG. It is also right between Palm Beach and Jupiter which is a very good location to easily dive both. Jupiter also has some good options. I hear the La Quinta is a good option. I’ve also heard the Best Western in North Palm Beach/PBG is nice too.

If you must be on the beach look at AirBNB and VRBO and get a condo. Or use timeshare points if you have them. We’ve done that before. Marriott Vacation Clubs (timeshare condos) has two nice properties right on Singer Island. We’ve stayed at both. The hotels can be insanely priced right on the beach.

We've stayed at Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach and dove with Narcosis, Starfish Scuba, and Kyalami Dive Charters. We loved drift diving in Jupiter!

Deerfield? That's a haul for the north Palm Beach County sites especially in rush hour on weekdays. I'd definitely recommend staying further north. Deerfield is a perfectly fine option if diving Boynton, Boca or Pompano. Not the best location though for Palm Beach & Jupiter.

Deerfield? That's a haul for the north Palm Beach County sites especially in rush hour on weekdays. I'd definitely recommend staying further north. Deerfield is a perfectly fine option if diving Boynton, Boca or Pompano. Not the best location though for Palm Beach & Jupiter.
True. We like the breakfast buffet and evening reception. Front desk and housekeeping are friendly.

True. We like the breakfast buffet and evening reception. Front desk and housekeeping are friendly.

There's an Embassy Suites in Palm Beach Gardens as well if that is your desired hotel. Definitely a more convenient location for diving Jupiter and Palm Beach.

There's an Embassy Suites in Palm Beach Gardens as well if that is your desired hotel. Definitely a more convenient location for diving Jupiter and Palm Beach.
You're right! There are quite a few other hotels to choose from near that location.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom