West Palm area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FSUgly:
Only been out of WPB once and can only say "DO NOT USE CORAL ISLAND CHARTERS!"

Just curious, what didn't you like about Coral Island? I've been in the WPB area for awhile and have heard a lot of negatives about Coral Island. Seems that most of their business comes from the internet. No one locally seems to use them.

makinbubbles:
Greetings Florida peoples!

I'm going to be in the West Palm area, the last weekend of July (7-30/8-1) visiting my non-diving girlfriend. I may have half a day free for diving on Sunday. Any recommendations?

I'll be in town earlier so I'll have Friday afternoon and possibly evening free for gettin wet. Now to start looking up all those boats you folks were kind enuf to tell me about........

Thanks again! SB Divers rock!
Bob

Great,

Then you should go with Pura Vida Divers. Check them out at www.puravidadivers.com (their captain's log gives you a good taste of things).

I have been diving with them for about a year. I have been diving with other operations in Boynton and WPB. But, Pura Vida is by far the best in terms of service and people.

Safe Diving,

Scubahiro

Sheesh.. what fun this has been trying to find a Friday afternoon charter. Here's the specifics in case anyone is free next Friday (30th) in the afternoon.

I'm diving with A1A Palm Beach Dive Charters on the 1:00pm 2-tank trip the 30th. Mike says there is room for a few more so I told him I'd post my plans here and see if there was any other interest. If you decide to go, call him at 561.745.9449, tell him you're with ScubaBoard. (No, I'm not on commission... just alerting him there might be others)

Thanks again for all your help and pointers. I often visit the area but this is my first trip where diving is involved..

I C A N ' T W A I T ! ! !

There.. all settled down again,
Bob

JustJoe:
I dove with Jupiter Dive Center and they were great. I had some weight issues (not enough) and had to abort a dive. Hit the surface, made the proper adjustments and the Captain put me right back on top of the group, and my buddies. It was awesome.

Have a good time.

Joe

Glad to hear you left without harm, I'm suprized they didn't just tie the anchor to you and re-drop ya down to a few hundred feet.. :eyebrow:

(sorry, couldn't help myself) :11ztongue

I drive all of the way down to SE Florida from Charlotte NC just to dive WPB, Boyton, and Riviera Beach. It's a darn long drive (10 hours) and I wouldn't do it if it were not worth it. I've tried 5 dive operators and would use three of them. They are the Narcosis out of Riviera Beach, Abernathy , and Pura Vida. I would not use the other two but you'll need a PM (private message) out of me to hear who they are. You can't go wrong with the other 3. All are excellent.

Guess nobody will be around to get wet on Friday afternoon (the 30th). Soooo for Friday evening is anybody up for a few beers at Duffy's on Northlake? It's a few doors down from Diver's Direct. Or somebody on another thread mentioned the Square Grouper up in Jupiter.

Any other ideas?
Bob

Frogman48:
Just curious, what didn't you like about Coral Island? I've been in the WPB area for awhile and have heard a lot of negatives about Coral Island. Seems that most of their business comes from the internet. No one locally seems to use them.

I would like to here what FSU has to say, I recently dove Coral Island and had a great time. I Live in Orlando and have been diving since 1999 and have used allot of different dive charters because of my spur of the moment dive habits. I always forget to make plans during the week and find myself calling around trying to squeeze on to any boat that has room on a afternoon dive. I can honestly say I have had a great experience with all the Charters that I have used including Coral Island. Please if you can elaborate on your experience I would like to know what was so bad about them. :06:

Hoot:
I would like to here what FSU has to say, I recently dove Coral Island and had a great time. I Live in Orlando and have been diving since 1999 and have used allot of different dive charters because of my spur of the moment dive habits. I always forget to make plans during the week and find myself calling around trying to squeeze on to any boat that has room on a afternoon dive. I can honestly say I have had a great experience with all the Charters that I have used including Coral Island. Please if you can elaborate on your experience I would like to know what was so bad about them. :06:

See my previous post in regards to Coral Island.

I'll be back in Fl towards the end of August and will be doing some diving off the Rampage. If anyone's interested, drop me a message.

Jenn :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom