West Palm area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

makinbubbles:
So if (and thats a big IF) I go at all, it will probably be a shore dive on Sunday about mid-afternoon. Hopefully I can find a buddy that can handle short notice stuff.

Bob

Blue Heron Bridge would be the shore dive. The tide dictates the time of the dive there, and for Sunday, 1 August, the tide says be there by 8:30am, be in the water at and not before 9:00am and back out by 10:00. I can't help you with the buddy part though, I have to work, sorry.

Anyone dive with Abernappy's or Abbernackie's (sp?) out of West Palm?

Rampage!! Rampage!! Rampage!!

Go to boynton beach and dive with splashdown.

I have dove with most dive shops in WP. Jim Abernathy is by far the most experienced. His boats have not been replaced but will be soon. They have a platform on the back of there boat.

Coral Island Charters are ok but they have a boat that has 3 swinging ladders on the back of it. My friend got hurt REAL bad and could not dive for 2 months on them.

Go with Jim Abernathy if you can get on.

Or go to an independent dive store and they will set you up with the boat that has space and do what you like to do when you like to do it. The price is the same so you have nothing to loose, and if your WPB dive goes shut due to weather and the like they can sometimes move you to another boat or place like Pompano, while the boat operators do not.
And of course I have one store in mind, www.Force-E.com, they book all these boats and fill most of the boats rental tanks etc too.
--A

I dove with Jupiter Dive Center and they were great. I had some weight issues (not enough) and had to abort a dive. Hit the surface, made the proper adjustments and the Captain put me right back on top of the group, and my buddies. It was awesome.

Have a good time.

Joe

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom