West Palm area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

makinbubbles

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings Florida peoples!

I'm going to be in the West Palm area, the last weekend of July (7-30/8-1) visiting my non-diving girlfriend. I may have half a day free for diving on Sunday. Any recommendations? Shore? Half day boats? I have a copy of the book Diving Guide to Underwater Florida and can't get over the dive oppertunities in one small area. If you know of any good shore diving areas, how easy is it to snag a buddy?

I generally get to that area every 8 to 10 weeks and this will be my first trip since OW certification.

Thanks in advance

I did a drift dive with SS Minnow in west palm. Nice boat, Id reccomend it and drift diving.

I always dive with the Rampage out of West Palm. Great drift diving there, and very friendly crew. Their website is www.diverampage.com. They do half-day dives, whether morning or afternoon and leave out of Riviera Beach Marina. Very very cool people. I generally don't dive with anyone else out of WPB.

makinbubbles:
Greetings Florida peoples!

I'm going to be in the West Palm area, the last weekend of July (7-30/8-1) visiting my non-diving girlfriend. I may have half a day free for diving on Sunday. Any recommendations? Shore? Half day boats? I have a copy of the book Diving Guide to Underwater Florida and can't get over the dive oppertunities in one small area. If you know of any good shore diving areas, how easy is it to snag a buddy?

I generally get to that area every 8 to 10 weeks and this will be my first trip since OW certification.

Thanks in advance

I agree with ScubaJenn I just dove july 5,6 with the rampage awsome guys. The dive was great, first time drift dive most of my dives are from the keys where you some time have to fight the current to get back to the boat. In west palm drift dive you drift with the group when you reach 700 psi or 40 min you surface and the boat picks you up. This is the way to go all fun and very little effort.

The divemaster goes in with the dive flag and a camera if you want you can get a dvd film of your dive.

I would dive with these guys again in a heart beat.

Is the who I have been with before. Good friendly crew
that looks out for your safety and as well as being
sure you have a good time.

I have also heard good things about the Narcosis
but have not personally dove with them.

The SCUBA Club is nice there.

newbie-in-fl:
Is the who I have been with before. Good friendly crew
that looks out for your safety and as well as being
sure you have a good time.

I have also heard good things about the Narcosis
but have not personally dove with them.

I dove with Pura Vida divers, and they were very accomodating (especially since it was last March, right in the middle of that high wind period.) Tough conditions, but good people!

Thank you one and all for responding. As it turns out, I'll only have a few hours window in between concluding business and the 12 hour no fly period, to get wet. So if (and thats a big IF) I go at all, it will probably be a shore dive on Sunday about mid-afternoon. Hopefully I can find a buddy that can handle short notice stuff.

In hindsight, I should have extended my trip by a day and planned a boat trip on Monday.

Again thanks, SB divers rock!

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom