West Beach Paddlewheeler 10-3-6 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I met up with jwhitlock tonight for a dive. Seas have been calm for the past few days and the water looked blue from the surface(still had a bit of ambient light at the beginning of the dive at late dusk). Once in the water, visibility was noticably great at ~20'. We found the wreck without incident, however there was a ton of aglae caught up on the western and south sides of the relief covering about half of the debri field and limiting visibility. There were schools of spades and small mangroves, mullet, and croaker as well. The seaweed gave pufferfish and stingrays a place to hide. We saw dozens of electric rays throughout the dive and a handfull of southern rays as well. I spotted a few flounder, legal, but nothing to write home about. There were pigfish and a few tropicals left on the wreck. I found another scorpianfish(only the second I've ever seen). Bluecrab and stone crab filled in the gaps of the ship and blennies were housed up in empty barnacle shells. There were alot of fish on the divesite, but not as much variety as previous dives - also more algae than I've seen in a few months. I hit a max depth of 15' for a dive lasting 84minutes. It was fun way to finish off a day working.

That Was The First Time Ive Dove The Paddle Wheeler, Its An Awesome Dive Especialy At Night. I Need To Go Again. Lt Me Know If You Are Up For A Dive Next Week Sun. Mon. Or Tues . See Ya Jwhit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom