Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Staying with the wet gloves over latex seals

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Staying with the wet gloves over neoprene seals

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the Skaana dry gloves for water in the mid 40's and lower. There is some loss in dexterity, but with practice there is not much. And towards the end of the dive the benefit of warm hands gives you more dexterity than you would have with cold hands.

I have pulled the gloves off under water and removed the equalizing string. Once back on the glove was colder, but still provided thermal protection.

I vote for dry gloves if in cold water

Jerry

doole:
'Sissy' - don't you believe it. Betcha 7/8 of all the miscreants on here never stuck their big toes in anything less than 65F.

That might be true of divers in general but I expect that warm water divers would be ignoring/skiming this thread as oposed to debating what cuff type is the best. My WARMEST dive so far was 63F. I've had a couple dives where I didn't use my drygloves (Collecting fishing lures) and I could definitely see the difference between my 5 mil gloves and my drygloves.

nazgul810:
What are you using?

It's similar to the gloves in Jonythan's link. The ones I bought have a bit of a sticky texture which makes shutting down valves and gripping clips just a shade easier. The main point is that you don't need to buy ready-made gloves for a lot of money. The rings i bought were just an after-market "quick clamp" thing which you can install on the existing latex seal.

R..

Boogie711:
Actualy, the standard isn't the 660, which is only oil resistant... it's the 490, unless you want removable liners, where you're looking at the 495.
Whoops, you're right. I use the 490/495 and I've been thinking about just getting the 660 on someone's suggestion. Got my bookmarks confused.

ScubaSarus:
Can you recommend a good pair of 3 finger gloves and provide info on were to get them....
Check out the Endurotech, lots of Kevlar & they're even in stock, which is more than I can say for the 5-finger. http://comdive.com/endurotech.htm
Mention you're from ScubaBoard & get a hefty discount. :wink:
3-finger mitts are actually less stiff (giving better dexterity) than a 5-finger using the same material thickness, as there's less material going into tension & compression on the sides of the fingers.
Should I roughen up the patch and suit material with the included sand paper? Also, should I apply two coats of glue to each surface while waiting 15 minutes between each dose?
Yep, standard procedure is degrease / sand / degrease & apply 2 coats of glue, allowing to dry completely tack free between coats. A fresh can of [thin] cement or material with a lot of texture may need 3 coats.

Back
Top Bottom