we're all friends here... let's talk p valves and sensitive bits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh I am very Aware of how easy the back pressure can break the glue. I guess I just thought there was supposed to be that much backpressure and I had to try and regulate the flow. However finding that the cath was "pinched" by my underwear and shorts because I didn't trim it. When I rerouted the hose and trimmed the cath tip it was amazing the difference.
Also, even on balanced valves, you should be "pre-loading" the suit hose anyway, either by peeing on land before getting in the water, or by using a squeeze bottle to shoot water through the suit hose before you close up the suit. That'll eliminate the backpressure on an initial underwater "relief" caused by having to push the air out of the hose.

Also, even on balanced valves, you should be "pre-loading" the suit hose anyway, either by peeing on land before getting in the water, or by using a squeeze bottle to shoot water through the suit hose before you close up the suit. That'll eliminate the backpressure on an initial underwater "relief" caused by having to push the air out of the hose.

That is something I have been doing. Because of the routing I was using the tip being pressed in my shorts or underwear I never realized that there shouldn't be that much restriction (backpressure) when I was trying to go now that I am aware I have corrected the routing of the hose to eliminate that.

That is something I have been doing. Because of the routing I was using the tip being pressed in my shorts or underwear I never realized that there shouldn't be that much restriction (backpressure) when I was trying to go now that I am aware I have corrected the routing of the hose to eliminate that.
:thumb: I route up and over, but I also use some HyTape to tape down (to my stomach) the area where the hose attaches to the QD fitting and about an inch or two up from there. That helps me keep the area prone to kinking, kink free.

There shouldn't be any pressure if you are doing first run while horizontal. Air has less viscosity than liquid, if anything, it will come out easier.

There shouldn't be any pressure if you are doing first run while horizontal. Air has less viscosity than liquid, if anything, it will come out easier.
Maybe its mental, but I feel like the 1st time is a little harder than the subsequent times I go. I just take it a little easy. After the 1st it feels fine.

Maybe its mental, but I feel like the 1st time is a little harder than the subsequent times I go. I just take it a little easy. After the 1st it feels fine.
Probably mental. You have to "let it go" and you are wondering if it's going to leak. After first go, you are somewhat convinced it won't leak, so it's easier to release it.

Probably mental. You have to "let it go" and you are wondering if it's going to leak. After first go, you are somewhat convinced it won't leak, so it's easier to release it.
No.. I have come to terms with the fact that I'm either pissing myself or it'll work. I'm not too worried either way, I've done both. The 1st time always feels a little back pressure. After that it seems fine.

Could also be that the 1st time is always the most, and after that not as much... idk.

No.. I have come to terms with the fact that I'm either pissing myself or it'll work. I'm not too worried either way, I've done both. The 1st time always feels a little back pressure. After that it seems fine.

Could also be that the 1st time is always the most, and after that not as much... idk.
For me it’s psychological after a series of leaks in the past it’s always a little question in the back of my mind, I don’t pre-pee since I can’t feel a difference.

For me it’s psychological after a series of leaks in the past it’s always a little question in the back of my mind, I don’t pre-pee since I can’t feel a difference.
That's interesting.

I always figured the 1st bit of backpressure (that I perceive at least) was either from air getting out, or maybe just the liquid having to fill the line.

I think it helps to say which pee valve. With my older suit I don't remember ever having that feeling with the Trigon, with the new suit I have a LM (just to try something new)... and I can feel some resistance on the 1st go. It's like there's a balloon at the end of my member and I can feel it slowly leaking into the line. Once it makes it's way all the way through it feels easier. I don't have any issues after that.

It's not a deal breaker, just different.

That's interesting.

I always figured the 1st bit of backpressure (that I perceive at least) was either from air getting out, or maybe just the liquid having to fill the line.

I think it helps to say which pee valve. With my older suit I don't remember ever having that feeling with the Trigon, with the new suit I have a LM (just to try something new)... and I can feel some resistance on the 1st go. It's like there's a balloon at the end of my member and I can feel it slowly leaking into the line. Once it makes it's way all the way through it feels easier. I don't have any issues after that.

It's not a deal breaker, just different.
I’m trigon all the way, is the LM balanced?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom