we're all friends here... let's talk p valves and sensitive bits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anything comparable to skin prep in mainland EU in terms of quality and pricing? :eek:
View attachment 831412
Just a seller playing games trying to fleece sheep, we see that all over Amazon in the US too.

Search this product number instead:
B005AIPNXQ

1710279903105.png

Edit - nevermind, that is UK not EU. Search around though, I'm sure there are skin prep pad 50 packs for about 10-12 euro if you poke around a little more. Yeah, like maybe give these a look on Amazon's .nl site: B07N677PKW

1710280566194.png

Thanks lad, that’s really nice of you. I’m just investigating as I haven’t used the plumbing yet.
Got my 1st suit with p-valve, after 1 dive it’s back for sleeve lenght correction.
Basically I’m all new to the system and learning…
Thanks again, I appreciate it.
Best advice I can give on that is to get the chap side of the pipe long enough to put a 180’ loop in at the connection to drysuit end and tie it with cave line (don’t want a zip tie digging in your leg) so the loop bit sits the side you dress and in my case points back up the leg to join the suit, (I have my leg valve on the other leg to the way “I hang” the side of the loop that’s going to connect to you needs to be long enough to go through all under suits and be easy to connect to “you” then when you stick the Rochester on (sometimes the tip is too long so needs 5-6mm chopping off (Rochester not you!)
Apart from the previous post about the wipes it’s the best advice your going to hear..

If you don’t put the loop in the tube it’s always trying to pull off the Rochester sideways for obvious reasons and the last thing you need is any kink, restriction, or discomfort, it will also be permanently trying to pull the Rochester off.

Thanks lad, that’s really nice of you. I’m just investigating as I haven’t used the plumbing yet.
Got my 1st suit with p-valve, after 1 dive it’s back for sleeve lenght correction.
Basically I’m all new to the system and learning…
Thanks again, I appreciate it.
Don't overthink it. Find good quality cath, wash your junk in the morning. You can apply cath then or before you start dressing up for the dive if your dive is late in the afternoon. Remember to give it a squeeze and hold for half a minute to activate glue and that's it.
As long as you don't have any flow restrictions you will have no problems.
Someone asked how much resistance p-valve creates. I sanitized my system few days ago, by plugging in 200CC syringe while suit was hanging prior to wash off. Once it started flowing, liquid actually pulled syringe on its own. That's how much resistance there is.

Amazon is your best bet.
Once you know your size keep an eye out on ebay. Often times you can find full boxes for <50% retail especially if they are out of date.

i have done this several times now and have had zero problems

If you have your “member” pointing up before and during a dive, aren’t going to have bit of wee puddled in the little space at the tip of the catheter. Wondering if that can cause irritation.

If you have your “member” pointing up before and during a dive, aren’t going to have bit of wee puddled in the little space at the tip of the catheter. Wondering if that can cause irritation.
None whatsoever. When you're diving you should be flat in the water and it will flow out just fine. I recently spent 14 hours with one on and was hooked up in my suit for about 5 hours straight. No problems or irritation at all.

Never had any irritation, but I do verkon the detachable “chap” end of the tube system after every use, I know some guys that have done 7-8hr dives with no problems, the issue comes when you don’t clean the tube.

Due to the "turtle effect" I've had a difficult time keeping the texas cath attached for more than an hour at a time. Simply put as my member turtles it rolls itself out of the cath, glue be damned.

I tried using durabond on the crown of the cath along with a thorough cleaning of my buddy with rubbing alcohol and that worked a charm. Indeed it took quite a bit to unstick the cath at the end of the day. However, to put it mildly, alcohol provides an experience one does not want to voluntarily participate in.

Removed the cath with medical adhesive remover/cleaner just fine. But found that the residue, despite a thorough shower and cleaning with soap and water, made gluing another cath on the next day a gamble. I could have used rubbing alcohol again, but as previously mentioned...

So, the question for today is, what's the best astringent cleaner to use that won't cause undue pain to willy-one-eye?

Back
Top Bottom