we're all friends here... let's talk p valves and sensitive bits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah mate, the big changer for me with the P valve system was when I started using little surgical alcohol swabs for cleaning up the old chap 20-30seconds before rolling the Rochester on, it’s like night and day the adhesion properties… the other trick I learnt was to have the “old chap” end of the p valve tube extra long and bent in to a “U” shape so the tube attaches straight and isn’t trying to breakaway at the weekend I shall get a photo and attach it on this post.

Yeah mate, the big changer for me with the P valve system was when I started using little surgical alcohol swabs for cleaning up the old chap 20-30seconds before rolling the Rochester on, it’s like night and day the adhesion properties… the other trick I learnt was to have the “old chap” end of the p valve tube extra long and bent in to a “U” shape so the tube attaches straight and isn’t trying to breakaway at the weekend I shall get a photo and attach it on this post.
If you want a step beyond the alchol wipes, try a product called "skin prep wipes"
You can buy them cheap on amazon. They are an alcohol wipe coupled with what I can best describe as super glue. They are amazing and you won't have a blow out after using them.

If you want a step beyond the alchol wipes, try a product called "skin prep wipes"
You can buy them cheap on amazon. They are an alcohol wipe coupled with what I can best describe as super glue. They are amazing and you won't have a blow out after using them.
Thanks mate! I’ll certainly give them a whirl! 😜

Thanks mate! I’ll certainly give them a whirl! 😜
1710261562000.png

Thanks lad, that’s really nice of you. I’m just investigating as I haven’t used the plumbing yet.
Got my 1st suit with p-valve, after 1 dive it’s back for sleeve lenght correction.
Basically I’m all new to the system and learning…
Thanks again, I appreciate it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom