Wenoka Commemorative Dive knives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm not sure if this is the place for this thread. I put it here because it is dive related and the traffic here is heavier.
In the 80's, Wenoka planned to put out 10 commemorative dive knives. one per year, depicting many historical phases of diving, and the numbers of copies were very limited. For some reason, they made only 6 out of the 10 knives. The knives are of very high quality, each coming in its own wooden case. I purchased each knife at $200.00 per copy, all except #1 has the same serial number. I've done some searches trying to find out what the value of this collection may be, but unsuccessfuly. In my search, I've discovered that others who have this collection or parts of it were also trying find out this info. If any one can provide me with the info or the site where I can find this info would be appreciated. Other than than, enjoy looking at this collection. I don't know why, but I couldn't get three of the photos below 200 KB to get them posted: The UDT Navy Knife , the Man In the Sea Knife, and the Hardhat Diver Knife

The answer is best taken as the answer is given to questions of most any "manufactured collectable"...

If there is a similar product available in non-commemorative imprinting, that would be a good starting point. We must assume that these are in mint condition, otherwise they would only be the value of any similar used blade of standard issue.

I checked EBay, buth current and past. Zip. If you want to know the "value" of anything, that's a good place to start.

I did not go to www.knifeforums.com, but that would be a wonderful resource fo0r your search.

GOOGLE however, is your friend. http://www.google.com/search?source...D,GGLD:2004-30,GGLD:en&q=wenoka+commemorative

A set of five are shown archived on eBay, they went with no bids starting at $1200

GOOGLE also show us that you've asked this once before...

"Barracuda2 03-19-2003, 12:42 PM
Several years ago, Woneka (sp?) put out 6 Commemorative Dive knives. I purchased them as they came out, all with the same serial number. I paid $200 each. I have not been able to find out what this collection is worth today. They were suppose to produce 10 knives but only did 6. Anybody help me?"

Barracuda2

A commemorative is largely worth what you can get someone to pay for it. Obtuse answer, but true. I would tryat Historical Divers, but EBay has never let me down.

RoatanMan:
I did not go to www.knifeforums.com, but that would be a wonderful resource fo0r your search.

Thanks RoatanMan, I posted on that forum and am waiting for answers.

GOOGLE also show us that you've asked this once before...

Yes I did and I didn't get any responses at that time, so I thought I would try again. Thanks for the comeback.

Hello I have one of the wenoka commemortive knives ( The Birth Of Sport Diving 1942) a 1981 dated knife in the wooden box ) there is not a certificate I don't know if one ever came with it . I wanted to sell the one I have ,and was wondering about the price also . Laura

i have seen some sold on ebay u.s.a. but no sold for a good price, most about 75.00, so i am going to keep mine for a later date,.cjohn21
old, mississippi divers
pascagoula,ms.39581

I am thinking about selling the one I have , the Brass became dull so I just might polish it up and list it on Ebay. I am not sure for what amount. Thank oyu for the info.Laura

My set of 6 was stolen and I would like photos so I can look in the obvious places for them. If anyont has any, please e mail me at W fernald@aol.com. SN was 75 on 5 of them and 1 of them was # 110. I dont remeber which one was 110.

Thank you.

Wade Fernald

I sold a John Pennycamp 25 year commemorative knife on eBay....only got $75 for it. I feel sorry to this day that I either did not keep it or put a starting bid on it.

c

Back
Top Bottom