Wendy's Ginnie Springs Encampment and Dive Party

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And also near Devil's Den and Blue Grotto. That would be a good day or two of diving. I would love to do a night dive at Devil's Den. I have plenty of room for camping on my property!:D

from my own experience (did the dive) night dive at devils den is almost the same as day dive there. the only major difference that at night the lights inside the cavern are off but most of the diving is under the ricks and passages anyway so it doesn't make much difference.

the other problem is that both blue springs and devils den are next to each other but both have $20+ day fees so it becomes a rather expensive endavour :)

And I do not know how it would be. Thanks for the heads up. Yes that would be expensive.:wacko: Rainbow is cool, but it has been 20 years since I have been there, and the memory is a little hazy...

...Is offshore. I don't care when or where... But if we're diving a wreck, I'd be happiest.

Springs are great 'cause they're clear and predictable... And of course, you can set up camp there and dive to your heart's content for a day or two.

...But to me, saltwater diving rules... The marine life is spectacular, the conditions unpredictable and exciting (which is great to a point) and of course... There's the history and possible artifact hunting that comes with a good wreck.

I'm not talking about anything major... A "real" wreck in less than 100' would be ideal.

I have a great source for a charter in Savannah, GA... They've got a beautiful yacht that's 56 feet in length. and their service is phenominal. Last I looked, the whole thing could be chartered for about $600 a day, which included breakfast and lunch. Split between several divers, the dive could be very affordable.

...And that sort of situation isn't unusual. I mean, we could charter a boat off of Ft. Lauderdale or Daytona or Jacksonville... Or for that matter, out of South Florida or the Gulf... And have a complete blast.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind doing another spring run... I'm just trying to get y'all outta the pool, ya know? :D

Hey Matt,
Your right about the first pic looking wacky..... I just thought you were trying to do a Spider Man impression.:D

Wendy once bubbled...
Suggestions I have heard so far are:

Rainbow River (whereever that is)

South Florida east coast aka Ft. Lauderdale for some shore diving with scuba_jenny

Any more suggestions?

You never made it for our last Blue Heron Bridge dive. We could do that again.

Marc

Hey Darkmoon-

I did try to take some pictures during the "galaxy" dive, but they didn't come out well. Just looks like a bunch of backscatter.

Hey FallenMatt-

Will put larger pictures up soon. Right now I'm too pooped from diving and grant writing all afternoon.

what happend to all the MEG PICS WE PUT ON HERE FROM VENICE as i was wanting pics of my meg as after moving it is no where to be found

Considering this thread is over 6 years old, and there have been numerous server moves, crashes and what not since this thread was last alive, I think it would be safe to assume the pics are long gone. Sorry.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom