Wendy the I-beam Wolfeel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X:
Actually that was another photographers flash that went off at the same exact time. Figure the odds! And there is something wrong with this? :D

Yeah -the shot would probably be unusable without the light from above. Too funny, UP stealing shots. Give the guy a P&S and he's in the press corp as an AP field correspondent....

"hello - National Geographic? Yeah, its me - Pug. I'm ready for assignment with my bad Pentax and my 128 card... I'm your guy... The oceans of the world call to me... I need a AAA per-diem and 32% fills. Lets rock!"

O2 - HAH. There is nothing wrong with hotties in clear water with colorful skins, looking longingly at some colorful wall. Nothing at all... :wink:

---
Ken

OE2X:
Actually that was another photographers flash that went off at the same exact time. Figure the odds!

About the odds of three separate dive teams converging on the hapless fish from three different directions at the same time.

It got a little crowded around her den for a few moments ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Mo2vation:
"hello - National Geographic? Yeah, its me - Pug. I'm ready for assignment with my bad Pentax and my 128 card... I'm your guy... The oceans of the world call to me... I need a AAA per-diem and 32% fills. Lets rock!"
... but it slips into holes bigger cameras can't. :D From the same dive...
Gpo_with_eggs_under_a_log.jpg

You are just whining because you didn't have a camera. I feel your pain. I'm ordering a point and shoot right now. Then I'm calling Nat. Geo to fund my next Palau trip :D

Nice pic UP but I was wondering who was brave (stupid) enough to dive without a glove in your neck of the woods?

OE2X... you know him... the guy who slept on your living room floor in front of the door when we were there in January.

Actually I'm sure he was much warmer on this dive without gloves than he was on the one just before it with dry hands and a flooded suit. :D

Uncle Pug:
OE2X... you know him... the guy who slept on your living room floor in front of the door.
Oh yeah, he was the only one not cold in PH too, right? I had my son dive without gloves once when he was a newbie cause I thought it would help him get a 'feel' for the environment. It was mid july and he swam with his hands above his head. After the dive I find out he was keeping them above the thermocline and it was a few degrees warmer.

OE2X:
You are just whining because you didn't have a camera. I feel your pain. I'm ordering a point and shoot right now. Then I'm calling Nat. Geo to fund my next Palau trip :D

In fact, on Monday, I ordered a housing for Jaye's little Sony P&S! I'll be cyping it for my San Miguel dive this weekend. Shhh... she doesn't know the housing is coming in tomorrow... :wink: Sort of my bridge cam until my Ike D70 rig is in the house.

UP - Are those eggs hanging over Octo's head, or some other PNW marine detritus? Next to PhotoTJ (our resident artist with the P&S) you're my hero of the BC cam (or likely, the right pocket cam, in your case!) :10:

---
Ken

GPO_eggs.JPG

Yes... those are eggs. She will stay there without eating and tend them until they hatch... and then she will die.

The Pentax Optio is clipped off with a bolt snap to my left chest d-ring.

wedivebc:
Nice pic UP but I was wondering who was brave (stupid) enough to dive without a glove in your neck of the woods?
I didn't have a choice really. Yesterday it was warm topside and I was getting hot while suited up. I was messing with one of my gloves when the O-ring popped off. At that point I said the heck with it and dove anyway. It wasn't that bad at all.

Our first dive my backup suit flooded, but I still finished out the dive - 55 minutes. UP and I pulled the Apeks inflator off and cleaned it thoroughly. The second dive I changed into backup thermals and dove. Staying nice and dry we did nearly an 80 min. dive. We could have easily pushed it to 90 or more. Hands were just fine.

Back
Top Bottom