Wells Fargo now tells me I need a four digit debit card pin at ATM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the worst, I can go back to my room, call the bank's computer, and change my pin if needed.

Thanks for the discussion. It's always nice to learn.

At the worst, I can go back to my room, call the bank's computer, and change my pin if needed.

Thanks for the discussion. It's always nice to learn.
Maybe? When my banks went to 2 factor authentication (to serve me better) I got screwed 2 ways:
- they tried to text my landline home phone
- after that failed they offered to text my cell phone which did not have international service
This all happened while I was talking to a service rep from a hotel phone...

Now I only provide IP phone numbers that convert texts and voicemails into emails. As long as I have wifi access everything is good.

Yeah, if I was going anywhere else, I'd give in and change to a four-digit pin. My phone works the same on Cozumel as it does at home, except that some systems will not accept international calls. I have WF's collect international help number.

I still don't understand why one member called this thread "spam"...?

I thought back to this post from last year, right before my trip fell apart...
I really do not withdraw cash at ATMs other than on my trips to Cozumel so I have no idea when this happened or how. Last year I had a $300-something limit, my bank told me that I could not get that changed, so I pulled $6,000 Pesos out a day until I got enough for my hotel and other expenses for the trip. I think I have about $1,000 MXN left from last year to take back with me which will help with little things until I get to a bank ATM there.

I have no idea as to how it got changed, but on today's call to alert my bank of my expectation of usage in Mexico next week I asked what my limit was, and it's now $710. Wow, I can pull $15,000 MXN the first day, keep most in my room safe, and not have to revisit the ATM every day. My hotel is booked in Pesos, but I like a cheap hotel downtown so that one withdrawal may get me thru the nine days.

I asked today when I stopped by my bank for traveling cash, and she said $3,010! I didn't believe her so I called the main bank. Yep. I'm trying to imagine a machine spitting out $3k USD in $20 bills, or a Mexican machine cranking out $60,000 MXN in $500 bills.

I asked today when I stopped by my bank for traveling cash, and she said $3,010! I didn't believe her so I called the main bank. Yep. I'm trying to imagine a machine spitting out $3k USD in $20 bills, or a Mexican machine cranking out $60,000 MXN in $500 bills.

The machine likely has it's own limits regardless of what your bank would allow. My WF card allows $500/day and I'm not sure I'd want it to be higher.

The machine likely has it's own limits regardless of what your bank would allow.
Yeah, probably.
My WF card allows $500/day and I'm not sure I'd want it to be higher.
Have you asked lately?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom