Wellington Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you diving Sat. or Sun.? I suppose I'd rather do Aurora if I was to pick one.
And I'd rather go Saturday. I still haven't made solid plans for Florida yet, other than I have to be in Naples on the 25th, 26th and 27th. Talk to you soon. Ray.

bottomdweller:
Are you diving Sat. or Sun.? I suppose I'd rather do Aurora if I was to pick one.
And I'd rather go Saturday. I still haven't made solid plans for Florida yet, other than I have to be in Naples on the 25th, 26th and 27th. Talk to you soon. Ray.

Hey Ray,

Sat Aurora, at 8:30. We have one other diving with us.

Bring all your tanks, and I'll pay for air.

If you want to arrive a bit eariler, and get the plackard, that would be good. I'll likely try and get there by 8:15. Demitri has stuff to do early, but plans on getting there by 8:30.

Should be murky, and fun.

I had my first experience at Wellington Lake. This lake is in a beautiful location, surrounded by forest with a giant rock pinnacle standing over the lake. The Vis is not more then a few feet, much like the other lakes in the Denver area. The surface temperature is about 75 and it dropped to 65 at 30 ft. The bottom is made of soft dirt and some courser material. This means the bottom does not silt up as much as, say Aurora.
I was at Wellington Lake because Scuba Den (http://www.scubaden.com) was having one of their summer events. The Scuba Den people were very friendly and the event was a lot of fun. The had a navigation course laid out, with playing cards at each location. Picking a card at each point of the course got you a poker hand. Prizes for various hands. They also had various items for you to find on the bottom (plastic sea horses, etc.). Prizes for those too. They also had one timed event. They threw out 100 numbered golf balls. The divers had 15 minutes to find and recover as many as possible. Prizes for the most balls and prizes if you recovered randomly chosen numbers.

The event also included a barbecue and the whole thing, including air and lake use fee was only $18. I had a great time and met a lot of nice people. They are doing it again in August and I recommend it for a fun diversion from just swimming around the bottom of a local lake.

Now for those wondering if I won anything, I won a mesh equipment bag, a DAN dry bag, a Scuba Den hat, a $20 gift certificate and a $50 gift certificate. I was smiling all the way home. Thanks Scuba Den

Sounds like it was a good time. I will deffinitely consider the August outing. Congrats on all your winnings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom