Welland scuba park viz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy_Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How is the visibility in the new scuba park in Welland this time of year? I want to visit, but it is a long drive, so I would like to check this first.

Where is the best place for easy access to the water? We're thinking of heading there on the 30th but have no idea as to conditions, etc.

Neil

If you are traveling west on Lincoln St. downtown Wellend, then it is the first left after you cross the bridge. Follow that till you see a boat ramp area and there will also be a small dive flag sign as well. You can park and get set up there.
Then when you are ready to enter the water you will see a white bouy about 100 meters out. That is the boat that they sunk recently, and from there you can follow the lines to the cars and platforms.

Attached is a map.

Jason

Attachments

• map_boat_ramp_welland.jpg
    map_boat_ramp_welland.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 85
If you are interested in diving the Welland Scuba Park this weekend, the Dive for a Cause is taking place there on the 29th (Saturday) at 10AM, I believe. See Dive For A Cause for more information...

Thanks, all, for the great info. Unfortunately, we're only available for diving on Sunday so we'll have to pass on the DFaC event. Cheeers to all.

Neil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom