"...we'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork." - the Split

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dork: From Wikipedia

Dork is a term of abuse favored by American youngsters, designating the target as quirky, awkward, eccentric, socially inept or simply of lower status. Similar epithets include nerd and geek.
I also heard is was from medieval time referring to a head on a pike.

But.. If you have not laughed like crazy at this thread – you guessed it - you are a dork and we will laugh at you!

Dave

Kevfin:
Really, seriously, I will laugh if you show up to a dive with this:

Swim-Sets-SET-10-.jpg

Oh man & I just got a great deal on it.

John

Hilarious stuff guys/gals!

*In the process of removing the PST sticker from my steel 80...:shakehead

If you are going to use wikipedia instead of a dictionary to define a word then atleast include the relevant information on the slang for whale anatomy that is included there. Otherwise we'll laugh at you and you'll look like a whale sized dork.

~Jess

p.s. your ugly and your mother dresses you funny

This one's for you, Mr. DIR Fundies Provisional.

You're on more DIR forums than George Irvine ... and you've got about 4,000 posts for every dive you've ever done. You've read every book, watched every DVD, and know the layout of Wakulla Springs better than Casey McKinley ... despite the fact that you've never been diving anywhere except some quarry in Indiana. You'll argue endlessly about minutiae ... you know more about the DIR gear configuration than Dan McKay ... but still haven't grasped the basic concepts of being part of a team ... which is WHY you're a "provisional". You're quick to "correct" people with 200 times your actual diving experience, and it never occurs to you that they might have actually learned a few things that weren't covered in your 3-day Fundies class.

Get a grip ... you don't have all the answers ... you haven't even heard all the questions yet. You didn't discover a cure for cancer ... and you didn't invent sex (although your back kick makes it look like you might be trying to) ... and while you may be taking the DIR acronym literally, it's really just a marketing slogan.

Your journey's just beginning, young Jedi ... so back away from the keyboard, bag the attitude, and go practice your skills ... or we'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob, how DARE you speak to me that way!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom