Well......it happened again! :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JJ1

Contributor
Reaction score
Lake simcoe, foot of big bay point road, 6:30pm, south simcoe police and fire on scene. Simcoe north ems, and air ems also responded.

Call went out for the fire department as divers in the water run over by speedboat (possibly VSA)

Anyone hear anything else about this?

A friend of mine that works as a video guy for a TV station forwarded it to me from his RIM. Not sure if he's on scene or not though. (edited all my posts - god my spelling is awful tonight)

Well,,ill watch the local news at 11and see what happened , if this has happened again we are going to have to make some changes in educating boaters about dive flags , this is getting ridiculous and scary.

Hi

I know scuba 2000 had a open water there this morning.

Mr A

This started late afternoon - 6:30 is when the police/fire/ems were called out.

Hi

Thanks JJ1 thats good news alone. Don't expect anything to come out of this by the police, as its would only be classified as a collision and at this time its difficult to say who was at fault, and We don't know if a flag was flying or the boater just didn't know what he/she was looking at. Either way in my eyes its a good exscuse to sink there boat.

Is this it ? No mention of Scuba divers thou

http://thenewvr.com/news/index.asp

Boat Ride Ends in Tragedy

It began as a leisurely summer afternoon boat ride on Lake Simcoe, but it quickly turned into a tragedy.

Police say a boat carrying four people hit a wave and overturned on Cook's Bay. One person is dead and the OPP's Marine Unit is scouring the water for another person. Two other passengers were rescued. There is no word if they sustained any injuries.

Posted: Saturday, August 7, 2004

Ok ..It happened,it was a 30 year old woman diver was hit by a boat off off Big Bay Point about 50 feet out from the dock,,she was with an organized dive group,,, she was badly injured..apparently the police are looking for the boat that hit her ,,was described as a 20 to 22 ft white boat with an orange stripe...

Back
Top Bottom