Well done PADI!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DorsetBoy - don't mind the cynics. It is a good thing when an organisation - any organisation - makes it easier to find dive buddies. And if you do so through a site that's likely to attract people who are interested in following through on the sport they're more likely (IMHO) to make good and safe buddies.

Training organisations are all very much alike - their reputations depend more on those who represent them and reflect their real values than anything else.

For my money (someone's bound to comment on that expression) PADI's 'system' - correctly applied by well motivated dive training professionals is the equal of arrangements provided by any other organisation - and it merits your loyalty and support.

Amen Mr. Newman, and tks.

Padi? No thanks, like the movie, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", I think sometimes when out with other divers that I am the only remaining non infected person. I was innoculated at an early age against them and therefore have great resistance. N (Just say no to Padi)

Have to say - I like PADI.

They are the agency I went through and I found them fine.

Anyway, the agency isn't even half it. It's the instructor who makes it. My instructor was amazing. I don't think it mattered which agency he was with, he would have taught me just as well.

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

why all the controversy?? who really cares where someone got certified...the only thing that is important is that they did and that they are enjoying the same sport that we all are...and are doing so safely.

after all, thats why they make chocolate and vanilla...

njdiver95:
why all the controversy?? who really cares where someone got certified...the only thing that is important is that they did and that they are enjoying the same sport that we all are...and are doing so safely.

after all, thats why they make chocolate and vanilla...

Well said, NJ.

And yes, I was impressed by PADI's continual improvement on the ways it serves it's members and dive communities. Good work PADI.

So, who certified all you elitist types? In other words, what's the cool kid way to do it on scubaboard?

I have learned that I'm a dumbass if I don't have a BP/W, Jet Fins, a 12 foot long second stage hose, spring straps, entirely black gear, etc, etc, etc...and now apparently I'm a dumbass for getting certified through PADI. So, what's the cool kid way in this case?

I really wonder if those of you who are so pompous about the right way to do things visit this board to share your experiences, to teach and to learn about scuba, or to put other people down. Because, as a new diver, I'll take a less expereinced diver's advice any day of the week if he or she is at least tolerant of the fact that different folks do things different ways.

Jeesh...agency snobbery...y'all need to get a freakin life...

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
So, who certified all you elitist types? In other words, what's the cool kid way to do it on scubaboard?

I have learned that I'm a dumbass if I don't have a BP/W, Jet Fins, a 12 foot long second stage hose, spring straps, entirely black gear, etc, etc, etc...and now apparently I'm a dumbass for getting certified through PADI. So, what's the cool kid way in this case?

I really wonder if those of you who are so pompous about the right way to do things visit this board to share your experiences, to teach and to learn about scuba, or to put other people down. Because, as a new diver, I'll take a less expereinced diver's advice any day of the week if he or she is at least tolerant of the fact that different folks do things different ways.

Hey Dumbass, uhhh sorry, I mean Humu, no need to hold back, tell us how you REALLY feel! By the way, fellow dumbass here. A brotherhood maybe?

I hope that is what some of the posts were all about here. Some of us ARE not only tolerant of any agency, but we enjoy the comraderie and exchange of ideas. We can all learn from each other.

Sorry some had made you feel that way. Nautical said it well, it is not a matter of agency, as much as it is quality of instructor.

cheers,
Maria

If it wasn't for PADI, 1/2 the members of this board would not even be here.......that includes a lot of the "Kool-Aid" drinkers.

ShakaZulu:
If it wasn't for PADI, 1/2 the members of this board would not even be here.......that includes a lot of the "Kool-Aid" drinkers.
Huh? How's that? Are you saying that if PADI didn't exist, they wouldn't have taken up diving through one of the other agencies?
I think I don't understand your comment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom