Welcome to the Coltri forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi - the compressor oil is changed after a 5 hour run in period - thereafter every 50 hours ( Coltri synthetic oil CE 750 )
the petrol engine is every 100 hours - normal engine oil 20W 50

Not disagreeing about what the dealer says about the petrol motor. But let me tell you what I found out. I have a Bauer Capatono HP Compressor that I put a new 7.5 HP Honda Gas engine on. at first I put multi vis oil in it. It kept using oil after filling about 20 tanks and adding oil after every hour of running time. I remembered an old theory from when multi vis oils first came out, Never use multi vis in an air cooled engine. Well I change over to HD 40 weight and never used a drop of oil after that. Some will say it has to break in. well I gave it about 60 tanks and it had plenty of break in time. Now every air cooled engine I own gets straight 30 or 40 weight High detergent oil. I will never believe an oil will go from 20 to 50 weight out of the same jug. Ok come on engineers and oil experts lets hear it.

you are going to battle to squeeze a Honda GX 270 into the electric frame ?
you can cut out a piece of the standard frame to accept the Honda motor - then mount the Honda on a 10 mm base plate which is attached to the standard frame
pulley on electric motor is 250 mm
'pulley with Honda GX 270 is 170 or 180 mm
if you go bigger than 170 or 180 the Honda will run out of power at the higher pressure ranges

personally i would stick with a electric motor

you need to find out as per previous post if it is a MCH 13 or 16
13 uses a 4 kw
16 uses a 5.5 kw
you can get these in single and 3 phase version

the 5.5 kw single phase will not fit in your standard frame though

I bought on older MCH 6 compressor and there are no identifiers as to which model it is, what the cfm is and the max psi it compresses to. The stamp on the block is 400795. Any help?

The capacity and version is determined by the driver ... a single phase motor (EM) will put out 2.8 CFM while the three phase motor (ET) and the gasoline engine (SH) models will pump 3.2 CFM. The max psi is determined by the relief valve setting. Since your compressor is coming up on it's 22nd birthday, you most likely have the adjustable relief. The red one is good for up to about 5000 while the orange one is good up to about 3800 depending on the condition of the springs and/or seat.

Red vs Orange, are you referring to the color of the unit or the color of the relief valve?

Being such an old model, the color has faded but if I had to decide, the unit would have been red.

Newby here.

Hi any body able to help out on idling this nuvair compressor…..
thanks in advance
855B2433-61EE-45D3-8F39-4D9DB987B401.jpeg
2C6F3187-500F-47CF-ABA7-B4894F0CF3FB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom