Welcome to the Aqua Lung forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used Oceanic Regs since I got certified in 05 but am considering switching to Aqualung since there is no Oceanic dealer in town any longer $ is an issue ant suggestions

Was just curious ... are there any other members of Aqualung Sport Diving Assn. out there, besides myself? I'm looking for an old dive buddy of mine from the 80's. His name was Matt and he was the one that taught me to hydro tanks and overhaul Royal Aqua Master regulators. I'd really like to locate him. Thought this would be a good place to look.

Hey, check out this video of where I dive. Terry is diving with his USD DW Mistral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFsT45aWRuY

Most Oceanic regulators are very simular to Poseidon regulators. I've serviced both. If you have trouble finding a shop that services Oceanic equipment, look for one that services Poseidon. Good luck! (if you are use to a side breather, you might not like other single hose regs.)

Buy Regulator Service Kits at northeastscubasupply.com - Regulators - Regulator Service Kits - Northeast Scuba Supply

Tracy,

You might want to check this out. My suggestion, if you don't know how to service Oceanic, or Poseidon, second stages, get someone to do it for you who does. There is a pin, that holds the lever the LP seat is attached to, that is a pain to work with if you don't know what your doing. You might save money buying a service kit; then, finding a shop to install it. The first stages are as simple as any other first stages to service.

If you switch to US Divers (a.k.a. Aqualung), I highly recomend the Royal Aquamaster regulators. Look for one with a round label on the can and a yoke rated at 3500 psi. They are a little different than a single hose to dive with. Once you learn to clear one, they work much better then most single hose regulators.

Check out: www.vintagescubasupply.com/ for more info on this.

Robert

Subject: US Divers Sea Master BCD

My bladder for my BCD broke (rear purge valve) and I need to find a replacement. I checked the web and went to the local dive shops but to no avail. Can someone direct me to a seller or source?

Hope someone can help me...

I love my Aqua Lung Cousteau

Aqua Lung, I am having a horrible experience with your customer service. It has taken 4 months to get anything to happen. Now you are unwilling to hold up your end of the warranty because I have professional credentials? I am extremely unhappy and find it disgusting that you punish people who are essentially free advertising for your brand. The inner bladder seal has some sort of tiny rupture- a manufacturer defect. I will make sure my experience is shared among all scuba professionals and divers because honestly I expected excellent service from your brand. What a sham. It was a Pearl i3. I will forever discourage anyone from buying your products even though they are superior because you are dishonorable and lack integrity. I have the resources to make sure everyone hears my story.

Subject: US Divers Sea Master BCD

My bladder for my BCD broke (rear purge valve) and I need to find a replacement. I checked the web and went to the local dive shops but to no avail. Can someone direct me to a seller or source?

Hope someone can help me...

They don't sell replacement parts direct to consumers- you have to use an authorized dealer.

I see there are no recent posts here but hope this is still active.
Having been out of the loop for more years than I care to admit I did not know that Aqua Lung was handling what was formerly US Divers equipment.

We are looking for a Pulse mask from US Divers.
It is the only mask my wife has ever been comfortable with but has fallen apart after the many years she has had it.

Is it still available?

I see there are no recent posts here but hope this is still active.
Having been out of the loop for more years than I care to admit I did not know that Aqua Lung was handling what was formerly US Divers equipment.

We are looking for a Pulse mask from US Divers.
It is the only mask my wife has ever been comfortable with but has fallen apart after the many years she has had it.

Is it still available?

You should visit the Aqua Lung website. All the current diving masks are shown. The US Divers brand has been relegated to cheap snorkeling sets.

You may want to look at the Pacifica (purge) or Atlantis masks. These are similar to the US Divers designs. Aqua Lung calls them "classic" designs. I still use the Wraparound mask (still has US Divers branding) because it fits my face better than any other mask I have tried.

Back
Top Bottom