Welcome home

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I got my camera back today...only one problem...it doesn't have the same serial number on the bottom that mine did...they swapped the whole camera out with no further explanation, "Exch clss II Unit" is all it says....anybody have an idea what this means?

Aloha
Lisa
Too late to call and ask them.... :icon_roll

justleesa:
I got my camera back today...only one problem...it doesn't have the same serial number on the bottom that mine did...they swapped the whole camera out with no further explanation, "Exch clss II Unit" is all it says....anybody have an idea what this means?

Aloha
Lisa
Too late to call and ask them.... :icon_roll

Aloha Lisa,

It sounds like they exchanged it for another rebuilt one (only a guess). Perhaps it is in better condition than your flooded one?? Tell us what they say when you call them...

sapphire:
It sounds like they exchanged it for another rebuilt one (only a guess). Perhaps it is in better condition than your flooded one?? Tell us what they say when you call them...

OK, I called and they said that the water damage was so extensive that it could not be repaired. Instead they gave me a class II camera. She couldn't say what this one was, but a class II camera can be anything from a refurbished camera to a camera that didn't sell at a store and was returned, or a damaged box return.....So this might be a brand new camera. In the case of the warranty she said that I am to keep the slip with the new serial number together with the paperwork from the old one and, in my case, that the camera is not warranted for the 6 months but to the day of original purchase which is September....Got a month more out of it. I'm satisfied with the service...now all I need to do is get it wet!

Aloha,
Lisa

that dont sound bad at all. thanks for letting us know the info darlin and good luck with the new camera.

steve

Can't wait to see a new set of photos from this one :biggrin:

Congrats, sounds like a win/win to me. So hurry and get wet...you can still post our pic for the day! haha

Being able to have it switched out for a refurb at that price is a good deal. As I mentioned in my Olympus flat rate thread, you cannot get the 4000 or 4040 cameras switched out as they don't have them in their repair exchange inventory.
At least you can still get a 5050 refurb from Olympus after they deem it unrepairable. It is a cheaper way to go than buying refurbs online as I had to do with my 4000, which I am not complaining about at $239.00.
Best of luck with the replacement.

Here you go! Most of the time I have been taking the pictures in the P setting. Thanks to all the tips that I got off this site, I played around with the settings of the camera. Just a fraction of what I took on the first dive with my old new camera...or is it new old camera? lol

Lisa,

I've never seen a turtle with such a funny-looking tail! What kind is it??

sapphire:
Lisa,

I've never seen a turtle with such a funny-looking tail! What kind is it??

I remember the turtle and the hare, but never the turtle and the eel.

jared

Back
Top Bottom