Weirdest near miss ever - falling tree

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to give you guys a quick update, we made it back to Rawlings over the weekend to do our checkout dives, and they went great! The weather wasn't too cold, and the vis was pretty good on sunday. My hubs and I are official now! Woohoo! I also want to give a big, huge thanks to all the great people at Atlantis Dive Shop here in Richmond and the folks at Rawlings for being so kind and helpful. It's nice to know that you're diving in the hands of people that you can rely on, no matter what happens!

Just to give you guys a quick update, we made it back to Rawlings over the weekend to do our checkout dives, and they went great! The weather wasn't too cold, and the vis was pretty good on sunday. My hubs and I are official now! Woohoo! I also want to give a big, huge thanks to all the great people at Atlantis Dive Shop here in Richmond and the folks at Rawlings for being so kind and helpful. It's nice to know that you're diving in the hands of people that you can rely on, no matter what happens!

Congratulations!
Good thing the tree hit incident didn't stop you from diving.

You're gonna be famous for reporting a new overhead diving hazard!:eyebrow:

.....You're gonna be famous for reporting a new overhead diving hazard!:eyebrow:

We will call it a VCuber environment (after the OP of course) and PADI will have a specialty course and card available in 2-4 weeks :rofl3:

Congratulations to you Vcubergirl. I am glad nothing stood in your way. You and your hubby are now part of an obsessed group.

11 out of 10 doctors say that Scuba Diving rocks!!

We have a local training hole where the turtles think fingers are actually french fries, but I definitely haven't heard of any falling trees being an obstacle for any diver, let alone one in training... Glad you are OK and aren't a suspicious person who took this as a bad sign and never dived again!

The first dive that we got in before the tree incident was waaaaay too cool to not do it again! I took it as a sign to stay away from trees, but definitely not a sign to stop diving. Plus I figure now I've had my share of bad luck and so all my dives will be awesome

Falling trees kill way more people than scuba diving every year. Moral of the story - don't get out of the water if you can avoid it. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom