Weirdest near miss ever - falling tree

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, these bad jokes may be my worst scuba-related injury!
:rofl3:

Seriously, though, I am so happy that I wasn't injured any more than I was, and that nobody else was hurt. Some of the LDS's gear kind of bit it, tho.

Happened at Lake Rawlings in VA. I cannot say enough about how kind they were to me that day, and how helpful they have been. I definitely feel very safe diving there now knowing that they can handle emergenices so well!

Dang Jen, glad your OK. I was DMing the class directly across from you. We were in the water at the time. I was in the red top dry suit.

Thanks! A couple other people in our group got hit as well, although they weren't directly under the tree as I was. It also got a bunch of the shop's gear, some of the tanks and the first aid equipment mostly. It really was one of the weirdest things to ever happen to me! I really was impressed by the staff at Lake Rawlings, the people with us from Atlantis Divers (the shop we were with), and the other divers. Everyone was so helpful and concerned with making sure we were ok

Deefstes and I don't want to make light of your near-miss. We understand the gravity of the situation.

Setriously, thank goodness you are okay. I dive Lake Rawlings, so I know the site. You should get certified.

Hope you have/had a easy recovery. I've noticed my bad luck cloud had not been lingering as often. I now owe you a huge thankyou, so if your ever in Alabama diving please tell me and I'll stay home for the day. Lol.

Safe diving.

Kenny

Anyone ever figure out the root cause of the tree falling?

Be sure to call DAN and let them know of your injury. I would love to see this show up as a new category in their annual report. :lotsalove:

Glad to here you are ok. Dive on!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom